When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Omega DeVille Quartz Rep any good?

TimeToPretend

Need some opinions before I jump the gun. I'm looking for a backup for my Rolex rep in case anything goes wrong. It's fairly cheap (<$100) and it's a part of my b-day gift along with the Rolex rep I recently got. 

Feel free to point out any inaccuracies with the watch. Don't worry about the band, since I'll probably be swapping that out for a metal one. 

121207100017776_o.jpg

121202110806195_o.JPG

initially i think everyone reading thought you could only afford one...and one only...now your asking about another very low end rep? why didnt you just get one watch for around the $60 to $80 mark which would've been better than 2 very cheap ones...? the sales corner is always good to check too-some real bargains to be had on times. in regards to the watch above its so so...but have you not considered other genuine brands such as casio, seiko, rotary etc? seiko 5 autos are especially good value, great lume, auto movement, and a number of styles to choose from...plus you will have a warranty and resale value...id rather that at that price point than trying to get one over on mates...enjoy watches for the love of them-not how they make others think of you, then again im older and wiser!

at the end of the day, your money, your spending...so if you like something just go for it :-)

Edited by bamcky2k
  • Like 1

NO!! Lots of things wrong, first the Co axial Chronometer is a mechanical movement not quartz, second, the date window is way to small and third it's way too left justified. the genuine Date window is almost touching the III ,Also the X's are too narrow, the genuine look like real X's not a squished up X.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. You are buying these cheap "Chinatown" reps that anyone can see are not correct. Then you come on here and ask if they are OK. Why don't you look for yourself. I don't know a darn thing about his watch, but I googled Omega Deville Coaxial Chronometer, went down the first page about one third and clicked on images orf Omega Deville Coaxial Chronometer. Walla! About 200 photos of the watch in it's various forms.

If you are serious, why don't you buy one nice one as bamcky2k suggested. Check out the sales forum or you can find nice low priced Seiko invicta or Citizen, or probably 50 more brands of watches that are all about a 1000X better than that cheap junk you are buying.All have some sort of warranty, most are water resistant and have decent lume. It looks like your user name pretty much sums it up, you are looking for cheap reps of expensive watches so that you can pretend that you have the real thing. unfortunately, these are so bad, most non-WIS Omega owners wiill recognize this one as a fake. And that's what I call these, fakes, they aren't nearly good enough to be called replicas

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to buy cheap chinatown reps as you guys put it. Haha its just that I want something to wear that's more disposable than my Rolex. The Rolex rep I got the other day is top notch and IMO well worth the price. This one, however, is only $6, so I thought why the hell not.

I'm not looking to get anymore genuine watches than I already have.

I already own two ice watches and a gshock. But I wanted something classy to wear in case something ever happens to my rolie.

Edited by TimeToPretend

that's fine, but I would step up a step or two, this one just has too many "tells". When you put a quartz movement in a mechanical watch, anybody can recognize it's a quartz, jumping second hand vs smooth sweep second hand. If you get a quartz, make sure it's a rep of a real quartz, not a mechanical.

• Like 1

Granted, I'm pretty sure there're quartz versions of this watch as well: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/sis.html?_nkw=CLASSIC+OMEGA+DEVILLE+QUICK+DATE+QUARTZ+ROLL+GOLD+WATCH+&_itemId=290381419738

EDIT: I compared the rep to a couple gens off of Google images. You seem to be right about the date misaligned. That's not a deal-breaker for me. 

Edited by TimeToPretend

you're better off with a 21j seamaster professional for less than $100 from sillix prime.

As a side note, has anyone ever come across a quartz SMP rep, why does this not seem to exist, why put a 21j in an SMP, why not just make a rep of the gen quartz as a budget SMP?