When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who can do a vintage relume?

cc33

MD, I really hope that you pursue the luming, I try to get every one of mine relumed with vintage lume and it's always been a hassle to ship to Canada, scares me every time I put a watch in a box and send it out the country. Much less stressful to ship within the CONUS.

+1 for RA, his lume job is very good :)

You finally kept the "bad" dial ?  :g:

Is it me, or the white printings are transfers ? It seems the letters has moved during the process... It looks very strange now

Otherwise, I like the effect on the black paint and the gilt printings !!!

He told me to keep it, he sent the replacement and said do what you want with the other.. So I put it in the oven. Yes the white print moved, I might put it back in for a few minutes to completely erase that text.. It was fun. I bought a 6536 dial on vrm today that looks like its been through a war, I really like heavy patina sometimes, I'm not sure why. And I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I just bought it because it was super cheap and the ad said ugly dial, I was insulted!!

post-38788-0-44277800-1360800855_thumb.j

post-38788-0-45929100-1360800864_thumb.j

post-38788-0-55081000-1360800883_thumb.j

post-38788-0-83538200-1360800895_thumb.j

So it was you on VRM :D

Infact, it's not ugly at all, it surely worth the cost of a new franken... Oh god, I don't even want to know how much of this vintages you will have !!!

I agree about the other dial, it will be much better without the white printings ! The gilt printings looks very solid

What do you think about some water on the center of the dial before the next oven ? After looking the 6536 dial, it looks like water damage at the center, it looks very cool IMO ;)

I actually put some water on the dial before putting it in the first time, not sure what the reasoning was but I did it. That might be what gave it that look. I agree that having it lumed will really help and I'm dying to know what it would look like. Yes that was me, I have to wire the cash tomorrow but then it's mine. I just couldn't get over that he called it ugly!! I really dig it too, thanks. Ill put it aside and make a 6536/1 one day soon.