When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can I Use A Cape Cod Cloth On My Jubilee Bracelet?

Feta1

Yes... Cape Cod will polish the shiney bits like magic! I polished the center links of this Oyster using Cape Cod:

153018-14382.jpg

The above is an aftermarket hollow link and started with an all brushed finish. A bit of effort, duct tape and Cape Cod brought the center links to a mirror finish. I swapped out my genuine bracelet for this one as the 904L was causing my wrist to break out in a rash, but I still wanted to retain the appearance of my genuine 78360.

Just make sure you mask off the outer links so that they retain their brushed finish.

Just picked up a very nice DATEJUST dress watch from Josh. I want to get the braclet nice and shiny... will a cape cod cloth work or will that damage the it??? I will post some pics tomorrow. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone :)

Great... thanks!!! I will put duct tape on the outside links and only polish the center ones.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!!

Great... thanks!!! I will put duct tape on the outside links and only polish the center ones.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!!

Noobs: The tape or other covering of the brushed surfaces is very important--don't try to blow that off. Hit the polished surfaces w/ cape cod, and the brushed w/ a normal polishing cloth.

Another tip: I've found the finish on almost all rep crowns to be underwhelming: One of the first thing I do is take them out of the movement leaving the stem on (an easy job on most watches), give them a going over w/ that really fuzzy dremel polishing pad and some rouge depending on the crown's roughness, and then wrap the cape cod cloth around a thin metal object (the thinness depends on the space between the crown's teeth-the dull top side of a fine bladed knife usually does the trick)and do the spaces between the teeth. Lastly, wrap the dry polishing cloth around the metal object and repeat. You'll be amazed at the improvement.