When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

suggestion needed for preV CG

steph_dexter

Whatever you go for will need work and or different parts to create a decent version and it can be decent but the biggest thing you wont get right (In terms of it sitting on your wrist) on any of the options except *** is the pin and its hole ...

though really I think thats pretty daft to say on my part... none really pass muster barring ***'s but can be made to look good enough to the uninitiated..

It really comes down to how good is good... its a sliding scale of 'good' I guess...

Of the people you meet in a year when you are wearing it.... less than 1% might recognise the finer details of a highly modded PreV rep and a gen.... less than 10% will know the difference between a decent modded PreV rep and a gen... another 10 % or just over will know what a PreV is...another 25% will have heard of a PAM and the rest wont even notice whats on your wrist (assuming you dont go to GTGs !! :) )

It really comes down to what your expectation and own standard is...

Its like the current OTB reps ... most guys consider them good enough to wear everyday without worrying about being called out ... however there is more chance of you meeting someone that would know one of the latest  'super PAM reps' than someone that would know how to spot a rep modded PreV...

I have seen a few guys in the wild wearing the latest 111M and  a few other models from the Noob or H that were standing in queues etc...I have recognised them as rep as soon as they scratch their nose... I have seen car salesman wearing them across the desk and again can see they are rep straight off.. good as some guys here may  think these reps are...there will always be someone that will spot them... the chances of it are governed by your circle of friends and social context...

Most call outs are guessed because of the way you look/dress/live/what you drive etc etc.... not because someone knows .. (generally that is)

So if you want passable in the crowd then an LH or Goin is more than passable.... if you want the best you can get then a V CG modded or LH CG modded etc and ultimately the 'Fat CG' as its called by those that have them ;) is the way to go... but you will need patience and skill to do it and if not then a WTB or regular search of sales will help but you will need luck as most are sold behind the forums amongst friends and Rep Ristis... ;)

Edited by Watchmeister
Removed personal names

Try to find a Goin CG.. they're great. Don't go too crazy trying to get the Pre-V to perfection cuz you just can't, and you'll just drive yourself insane trying. Get it 90% there and then just wear it, and really enjoy it. 

It's a Pre-V after all... you're not fooling anyone that really knows their Pam's no matter how good it is. Whenever I wear one of mine I always want someone to call it out, to at least start conversation and show that they know what it is, but sadly it's never happened yet ;) 

• 3 months later...