When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Photobucket's new layout sucks!

freddy333

Photobucket used to be a pleasure to use. Pages loaded instantly, image links were easily copied (with a single click) & you had direct access to any page in your album by simply clicking the page number at the bottom of each page. Then, they reduced the number of images per page & eliminated the direct page links (the hyperlinks at the bottom of the page that allowed you to go directly to a specific page in your album), which made the system a bit cumbersome to use (especially, when you are looking for an image that may be on any of nearly 100 pages & your only option is to browse page-by-page until you find what you are looking for :bangin: ).

But, today, they have implemented a new, facebook-like display, which automatically (& endlessly) adds new images to the bottom of the page as you scroll. Rubbish. & I was going to upgrade for additional storage. Not now. No way!

Go to settings -> albums -> thumbnail settings and you'll get the links visible again.

But yes... I agree. Why do so many of these websites make changes for the sake of it? If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Some kudos to photobucket. Apparently, I was not alone in my complaints to them as they just informed me that they will be removing the infinite scroll feature & reinstating page views at the end of the month. Not exactly a panacea, but this does eliminate 1 of the silliest things to hit the web ever (infinite scrolling).

They "switched" me over a few months ago to try it out.  I tried it for about 10 minutes and then switched back and wrote a lengthy complaint of why I didn't like it.  They seemed to appreciate the feedback and, until today, had me on the old setup.  

They have had pop ups warning me that they will be switching me to the new layout though.  

Thanks By-Tor for the tip on getting back the links.  That part was driving me nuts!

I know a lot of folks like to store photos in photobucket, and I use it some as well, however when I add photos  to my post, i never use photobucket any more. I just click "on more reply options" at the botom right corner of this page, go down to the lower left and click on "chose files" select the photos I want (you can add multiple photos at one time by holding down the Ctrl key and right clicking on the images, then click Open and they are downloaded at the bottom of your page. Easy peasy.

One thing i like about this system, is the photos are veiwable by folks that have  web content blocking software, like Barracuda", at work. I cannot see any images from photobucket at work, as photobucket is blocked. I believe , and  I may be wrong, but if you use the file download here, if your work computer allows RWG, you can see the photos.