When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Planet Ocean 42mm... Loving it! *Part 2 More Pics*

seraphe

Further from my earlier post... Part of the enjoyment with new watches is when you snap numerous photos of it and like what you see on screen (computer or smartphones). My CPO 42mm + iPhone5 frenzy continues...

For those who have accustomed to 45.5mm PO or first-timers on PO but can't decide between 42mm or 45.5, I have 7" wrist and I find the 42mm more comfortable albeit slightly less presence than the 45.5mm UPO. For my wrist size, the 45.5mm wears loosely due to the wider than lugs protrusion of the bracelet endlinks or the curvature of rubber strap over the wrist.

A few more photos, this time indoor...

8519781163_7cce2cc685_b.jpg

8520892680_9b05436144_b.jpg

8520890502_cc95927914_b.jpg

8519778857_a99dd8a746_b.jpg

8520890960_fda26e811c_b.jpg

8520894138_684b1e28a2_b.jpg

8519783415_5e3489f9f3_b.jpg

8519782771_59bd561764_b.jpg

8520896562_1ab3c33ffc_b.jpg

Last but not least, the lume shot... blue with green minute lumes
8519794385_0d60383c22_b.jpg

More wrist shots...
8521150580_ec5b658572_b.jpg

8520039649_a2244c00a1_b.jpg

Compared to 45.5 UPO
8522013597_8c951c0df8_b.jpg

8522013015_f9dee6f545_b.jpg

8523150750_345cd8123d_b.jpg
Edited by seraphe

Looks great, congrats!

This must be one of the best replicas so far - one niggle which I have though with this particular model is the spelling mistake in the mechanism - can be seen on the Trusty Time site in the pictures showign the open case back - 'adjusted to fiye positions'.

post-52165-0-42601100-1362340553_thumb.j

Kind of mind blowing that they can produce such a detaled, accurate replica and they have a problem spelling / proofreading a few simple words... How is this in real life - is it visible with the see through case back in place?

Great pics Seraphe, are you using some sort of filter/grain on the eariler pics. Looks great, really makes the dial pop.

@ Peduz, the 42mm wears kinda small in width, it should fit just fine on a 6.5" wrist. The difficulty comes with the height, it wears tall @ 16.5mm high, some dont mind the height, for others it is a bit too tall for comfort. Its hard to know how you feel about the height. If you are used to wearing 14mm-15mm it shouldn't be too much difference. If you are used to wearing 11mm or 12mm it'll feel odd for a while.

Hi! I've got a 6,58" wrist.. Do you think this watch is too big for me?

It depends on how you like to wear watches in general. There are slim built women these days sporting 40mm Daytonas and looking great with them. I don't see why a 42mm won't look good for you.

Great pics Seraphe, are you using some sort of filter/grain on the eariler pics. Looks great, really makes the dial pop.

Yes, I'm using a quasi-HDR filter off an iPhone app. Works great for me.

excellent photos. I really want one. I was wondering if you could tell me which wears higher the 42 or the 45mm? if anyone could post a comparison pic that would be great

Do you mean on the thickness? I'm sure they'd feel about the same, considering the width to thickness ratio being similar. I don't have a 45.5mm CrPO (yet) but I'm sure they are not that different in terms of 'height'.

Nice post.

Funny but the 45mm piece looks more true to gen to me.

42mm is bright and crisp, but looks too.... ahhh....crisp.

Nevertheless both are nice reps.  Thanks for the comparison.

45mm is definitely the overall better rep.

Really? Kindly elaborate on that more. I don't own a 45mm CrPO so I can't comment or imagine so, but I'm interested to get one next.

@seraphe the 45mm has better quality crown & tube threading is longer, crisper more precise dial, better clasp, and most importantly no large CheerioOOOOOOOOO in the OMEGA logo. Overall the 45mm is better constructed. The only downside is the lack of AR which IMHO is not that bad compared to the other high points of this watch. If the AR bothers you that much it's an easy fix since a gen XL PO crystal will fit it. Check with member sunny who sometimes has a stock of double coated aftermarket PO crystals.

@seraphe the 45mm has better quality crown & tube threading is longer, crisper more precise dial, better clasp, and most importantly no large CheerioOOOOOOOOO in the OMEGA logo. Overall the 45mm is better constructed. The only downside is the lack of AR which IMHO is not that bad compared to the other high points of this watch. If the AR bothers you that much it's an easy fix since a gen XL PO crystal will fit it. Check with member sunny who sometimes has a stock of double coated aftermarket PO crystals.

Thanks for the elaborations. What do you mean by the CheerioOOOOOOOO i the logo? Do you mean the font is thicker than gen in the name OMEGA?

I do plan to get the Ti LM and perhaps a CrPO 45.5 in due time, but I was told to wait for the 2nd batch, which will have better AR. Will it be worth to the wait?

Yes seraphe you are correct my friend...like the cereal Cheerios....the O in Omega is thick like the cereal lol my attempt at humor :partytime:

I've heard the second batch will have better AR but I'm not convinced unless they get them from another vendor. I was also told they will offer free upgrade double AR coating for those like myself who have already purchased the watch. We can only hope and pray they get it right :g: but you will be very happy with your choices in the 45mm. I'm excited to see your review on the Titanium LM! Enjoy to the max!

Guest khashayar

My first post here in RWG forum. 

What does AR stand for? Everybody keeps writing it, yet I don't understand.. ;)
And second, when do you believe the next "batch" will be released? 

Thanks for the elaborations. What do you mean by the CheerioOOOOOOOO i the logo? Do you mean the font is thicker than gen in the name OMEGA?

I do plan to get the Ti LM and perhaps a CrPO 45.5 in due time, but I was told to wait for the 2nd batch, which will have better AR. Will it be worth to the wait?

Guest khashayar

Thanks for the answer supermanx.

When do you reckon the next batch will be? It's probably hard to say, but statistically there may be a pattern, perhaps?