When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got Vintage? (16800 Content...)

fidhle007

Beautiful :wub:  I need one of these for my collection... 

I was a die hard 16610 fan until I saw the one RedWatch had done.

Between that and Fidhle here I took off full speed....I just "had" to have one too.

The 16610's are awesome but something about the shallow rehaut paired with the matte finish dial of the 16800 does it for me.

I'm a 16800 man now.....and love it  :)

Thanks for the love, guys!

Specs:

ST case, reshaped and softened

Gen Bezel and insert (I have several flat-4 inserts I've been trying, I like the faded one on there in the pics but I've since swapped out for a NOS Lumi one so the all the whites match.)

Gen crown and tube

Unknown crystal, much better than Clark, could be pre-LEC gen?

Puretime/TC bracelet combo, heavily modified.

Refinished Gen dial (marked Singer, I suspect it's a newer dial redone in the old style) with gen feet chopped and glued directly to a heavily modified TC movement ring. (I have a second one I just in case...)

All powered by a high grade 2824 fitted with a vintage-style open 6-9 DWO sourced from these forums.

I still need to space the dial off the movement slightly, the DWO is hanging up on date changes and sometimes needs a flick or a little manual setting. I have spacers on the way though!

I was a die hard 16610 fan until I saw the one RedWatch had done.

Between that and Fidhle here I took off full speed....I just "had" to have one too.

The 16610's are awesome but something about the shallow rehaut paired with the matte finish dial of the 16800 does it for me.

I'm a 16800 man now.....and love it  :)

I've been a fan of the 16800 for some time, and even attempted to convert a budget 16610 last year, but it didn't go quite to plan... :bangin:  Since then, I've become rather fond of the GMT II, and would like to do something like an early 16800, but with the added function of the GMT :)  Equally, I might have another crack at converting a 16610 when I'm next able :good::drinks:

This is the 16800 that I posted originally, just with some different hands. It has a vintage-style open 6/9 DWO that I found on here awhile ago. I'm waiting to hear from TC on getting more hands for the 16610 at which point I'll put the 16610 hands in this watch. They've been handled a bunch and look just the right amount of beat up for this build. The 16610 is getting a gen dial I I think, might as well have gen dials in both of my subs!

I still have a lughole 16610 case that I'm not using, I might build that up as a tritium 16610 with the SA3135 that I took out of the Sean case sub. Or maybe that should be a TT???

Here's a few more phone pictures with a better today insert, let me know what you think

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1362502243696.jpg attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1362502262080.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'd pay a good bit for a bracelet like that.  How is it made...out of TC stuff, I mean.  I can't figure out how to take one apart without serious damage.