When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Ceramic 42mm....Help

jimmy

Yes, another problem, I received my PO C 42mm from Trusty, the watch worked flawlessly and looked great, but when I starred at the dial outside in my yard, I noticed a peace of hair or a fiber at the 2 o'clock position, at first I said I would live with it but then I went to my watchsmith who said he would clear the debris and prob not even charge me, he removed the movement very fast and when he was putting the stem and crown back in he stated that there was not stem release button, the stem now can not set the time and the crown doesn't screw in, just slides out, please help me, he told me I need to get a release button for the movt, whatever that means.

PS, I have been around here for over 6 years and am active on all the boards, never had this problem with a rep, should have just left the dumb hair in there!!

Thanks!!

Edited by jimmy

thats sounds very odd...as been said above-if it didnt have a stem release how did he get the stem out in the first place to de-case the movement to remove the debris...? if it wasnt there to begin with it wouldnt have worked from the start since you got it...i agree its probably a keyless works issue, not a missing stem release. once all reset it will (well should...) work perfectly again...not to be rude, but is this guy an actual watchsmith or a wannabe tinker? cos the info hes given you sounds abit silly! hes hideing something he did, and if he is a good watchsmith keyless works are easily fixed and any parts needed he could order instantly and know the parts numbers needed for an eta movement...

so yea, try and post a pic as sgtuk said and im sure everyone here can help and advise more! good luck!

All has been said. He f@cked up the keyless works. In order to reset it the dial and hands have to come off. He eighter has no clue what he is doing or just don't want to go to all the trouble. If I were you I would take this as a big sign on the wall an take my watch and run. Big chance he wil scratch the dial or hands in a silly attempt.

Watch is off to MD2020, the watchsmith was someone I know who works at the local mall, he prob never worked on this movement and messed up like you guys said, oh well, to live is to learn not to use him again.

most shopping mall guys or even local jewellers would just about be familiar with changing a battery...which, even on higher end stuff like breitlings or omegas etc is pretty straight forward for anyone to do...if his knowledge base didnt extend beyond that he should never have taken in the watch...did he give some disclaimer that as its a rep he couldnt be responsible if it broke?

i would guess without seeing it, that he had no clue how to remove the stem, and simply pulled and forced it until it came out...it could well have then bent/snapped the setting lever and disloged the keyless works, hence the crown then simply slid in and out...

glad to know its on its way to get sorted though and looking forward to reading and seeing pics of what actually happend!

He did not know it was a rep, nor did another high end Jewler who said he would have to ship it out when I inquired about the original dust problem, both clueless, as would be myself since this is my first Omega and wouldn't even know what flaws to look for. Before this I only had Rolex reps.

• 4 weeks later...

Its so easy to break a keyless setup in a watch. Just press that "release button" too deeply as you remove the crown and stem, and CRACK ... you've made another job for yourself .. fixing the keyless mechanism. That is why you need to depress it with the correct sized screw driver ... this prevents over-pressing and breakage.

Its so easy to break a keyless setup in a watch. Just press that "release button" too deeply as you remove the crown and stem, and CRACK ... you've made another job for yourself .. fixing the keyless mechanism. That is why you need to depress it with the correct sized screw driver ... this prevents over-pressing and breakage.

Indeed 2 things are key. Correct screw driver and crown position.

• Like 1