When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting a rep sized

Cy33

I am certain there are posts about this so my apologies.  My search didn't return any resuls.  I just got my first Rep in the mail from trevor.  It is a beautiful Super Avenger.

I need it sized with the bracelet and strap I bought as well.  Of course I am not going to take it to my AD whom I bought a gen from.  My question is will any jeweler size it for me?  Would then know or care that it is a rep?

I am going to buy the tool to swap them out myself, but in the mean time would like to get it done asap so I can wear it.

thanks

I recently got two watches (seawolf/TransOcean) and i just  went to my local family jewelers and they asked if they were real only after i pulled them both out at once.  B)  I  openly told them it wasn't, they were really just impressed and asking me where i got it and how lovely they are.

No need to apologize mate  ;)  best place I'd say would be your local Mall watch guy, he would be able to do it fast and cheaply too  :)  he isn't fazed if the watch is Gen or Rep.....it's a watch first.   

I went to my local jeweler at lunch and he couldn't take any links out nor could he put on the Ocean diver strap I bought.  He was useless.  He couldn't tell if it was real or not either.

I guess I will try the mall this weekend.

The bracelet is pretty easy to size if you have an eyeglass screw driver (and for what you pay to get it resized you could buy a set).  Just remove both screws per link on the pro2 bracelet and pull the link apart, reassemble in reverse with however links out you need removed.

• Like 1

If you know about the trick (2 screws!) it is really easy. Did this about 2 month ago, and googled how to shorten Breitling bracelets. I found a very good site: www.breitlingsource.com which explains a lot for our Breits... On YouTube there are also some videos tutorials. Btw, this site is of course for gens, but works also for reps ;)

Cy33 believe it or not the breitling reps are so good your AD dealer wouldn't suspect it's a rep unless he opened up the back. Since you already purchase a gen he'd assume its gen. Anyway he wouldn't care cause your only getting the band adjusted. Glad you did it yourself it's an easy job with the proper tools. My SA has the older style band so it was simpler than the diagonal style band. However my Seawolf has the same band as your SA and it was a bit tricky but still doable.

hans - the link that I mentioned was Breitling Source.  Great info.

Indy - Yeah, it wasn't bad at all once I got the right screw driver.  I got my Bergeon tool in the mail yesterday and swapped our the bracelt for the strap.  Also easy, except for filing down the rubber which took some patience.  Worth it in the end and I can now swap out between the two.

Loving it!