When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Update on Minh situation

cc33

Well, I thought I should update everyone on my Minh situation where he sent me the wrong dial 2 times.. I had the option of getting a refund (after sending the 2 dials back) or taking a chance on a 3rd dial that he promised would be correct. I took a chance on the third dial only because I really really wanted a good 3-6-9 6538 dial. The dial came today and I have to say I don't think it's worth what he's charging but it is ok. The lume is not great but I like the gilt and the red depth is now raised paint. I guess if you are patient enough and willing to deal with the road bumps, he's not all that bad, just a very frustrating experience all in all. At least the dial is ok and useable now.

post-38788-0-79412000-1363397408_thumb.j

post-38788-0-79335400-1363397416_thumb.j

post-38788-0-53825100-1363397442_thumb.j

post-38788-0-91253200-1363397465_thumb.j

I wouldnt buy from him. I been reading this from the begining. If you dont have the knowledge like some of you guys do this guy will rip you off 9 out of 10 times.

Yes, I agree that having some knowledge will help dealing with Minh. He seems to put on a show of ignorance when it's convenient for him, and at other times he's very knowledgable himself. Toss up I guess as to which side of Minh people will have to deal with on any given day. Not for the faint of heart!

Thank you! I've always admired your aging techniques. I was actually inspired by your red depth explorer dial. Great job on yours! I was impatient in waiting to get to a store to find matt spray. I put the dial in a ziplock bag, closed it and made a hole for a straw. Then I lit a Cigarette and blew the smoke into the bag through the straw. It only took 3 tries til the bag was filled with smoke. I plugged the straw and waited until the smoke settled, then I took out the dial and was pleasantly surprised. The smoke settled evenly giving it a much less shiny appearance. Hopefully it won't come off when my watchmaker installs it into the case. On a side note the dial was slightly too large to fit in the phong case so I had to sand the outer edge.