When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HELP Changing Breitling Super Avenger Strap

Doublewindsor

I hope someone can help me, I have just purchased a Breitling super avenger with the bracelet. I also purchased a rubber strap and I'm having a nightmare trying to change it. I have changed straps before but I cannot get the bracelet off. Can anyone offer me any advice before I do something silly and break something.

Many thanks

I have managed to get it off. I used a small screw driver rather than the remove tool I usually use. I now have the standard Breitling rubber strap with the clasp and the holes in. I have cut down one side to the correct size, but now I have no idea to adjust the other side. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

I managed to find a guide for adjusting my rubber strap and the release point and spring catch wasn't on my strap. My strap is a rep and probably explains why it doesn't have these, but it's a shame as it isn't really adjustable.

I removed one side with brute force bending the spring bar. I cut that down as small as I could, then replaced the spring bar and popped it back in. It's not quite the jobs I was looking to do but it worked.

I had a look at the bergeon, I was using a cheaper version and probably explains why I was having difficulty to start with. Anyway I have ordered a bergeon and a few other bracelet adjustment tools.