When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

iTailor

martijnp

A while back I found this website www.itailor.com. I'm wondering does anybody has experience with this site? It's (very) cheap for suits, shirts and ties. But I'm always wondering about the quality of these suits/shirts/ties. What I think is difficult, is the size..

Let me know and share your thoughts ;)

marti depends on your build , if you are 42 reg jacket with 34-35 in waist you can buy anywhere that would be 151/2 inseam on the jacket sleeve  regular rise on the pant. Got you going well that is why I never buy suits on line shorts ,jeans a shirt OK. And yes it is the sizeing when I mark A suit to be tailored (I did this a lifetime ago) there are all sorts of things to consider, even with my experience I would not email it in.

Never used iTailor after reading a bunch of bad reviews. I have ordered from modern tailor and indochino. Modern tailor always came out well with shirts and I love being able to have little adjustments made ( like having the left wrist cuff 1/8" bigger than the right to adjust for the watch). I'm currently waiting for a suit from them and I'll post when it arrives. As for suits, anything you order online will be summer weight and you're still going to have to take it to a tailor for final adjustments to make them look good. I've ordered a couple of suits from indochino. They're well fitting (still needing a couple of adjustments, but indo pays for them), and generally less expensive than Men's Warehouse. I'm considering pulling the trigger in one of KB's to test them out if I get some extra funds.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Irishcain about http://moderntailor.com. I have found the Modern Tailor service excellent. My first shirt was based on providing body measurements. This shirt arrived and was too baggy. Their customer service was great and they provided a free trial shirt to get the fit right (I measured my best fitting shirt with some modifications - this is the measurement method you should use!). The trial shirt arrived and was great, they then provided me another free shirt once the fit was right!

I really like the profiles you set up on their site. You can keep tweaking your shirt profile in the search for perfect fit! They also have an awesome array of fabrics and styles to choose from with their shirts. You can order a fabric swatch pack that gives you a chance to see in person the different fabrics before ordering shirts.

If you would like to try the service give me a PM, I have a few $20 discount codes for your first order.