When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Switching hour markers

watchguy51

I think you'll want to remove the hour markers from the back of the dial, they should be attached with a pin in a hole. this should keep you from scratching the dial. If you replace them with markers of a different size or shape there may be marks left on the dial from the old markers. for the record, I have not done this, I'm sure someone will give you better advice than I can.

It doesn't seem too difficult. I took them off a SD dial and replaced them as well as replacing one on an Omega PO dial. People take off dial markers for re-luming and re-install them all the time. As long as they are the same type of markers with the same foot position.

Just push them out from the back of the dial and re-glue from the back.

would anyone happen to know if maxi markers could be swapped out for regular size 16610 markers?

This would depend entirely on the foot position, as mentioned above, if this is different you could end up with all of the markers misaligned, too close or too far from the edge of the dial. It would be less work to source a rep 16610 dial and just do a swap.

This would depend entirely on the foot position, as mentioned above, if this is different you could end up with all of the markers misaligned, too close or too far from the edge of the dial. It would be less work to source a rep 16610 dial and just do a swap.

yeah, i was looking to get a 114060 ceramic dial, remove the maxi markers and transplant on some regular sized ones and have an accurate 14060M dial to use in a star time or TC case making a very accurate 14060 :D (albeit the gen is ever so slightly smaller)

Thanks for those photos Mike, much appreciated as I too am planning on similar to op's plan, but in my case, simply correcting a couple of markers which are out of alignment slightly.  I'm under the impression, when I remove these, I will need to make one of the holes slightly bigger to allow fine adjustment before gluing back into position from the dial back.