When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona not working on my wrist

laurent965

Hello members 

My name is Laurent , i leave in Paris , i just received my Rolex Daytona from PT with the asian movement 7750, i paid 228$ , very nice REP.

But something is not right , when i don't wear the watch , everything work perfectly for days , but if i wear the watch on my wrist , it will stop after a few minutes . I tried it for days but always the same problem , and yes i did wind it properly 

Any body had the same issue ? 

somebody knows a watchsmith in Paris ?

thank you guys 

If your watch has the running seconds at the 6 o'clock subdial (like the gen 1165xx), then this is a known issue, which affect most (but not all) of these reps. The problem is due to the lack of jeweling for the additional gearing required to relocate the running seconds from its original location to the 6 o'clock subdial. You can search out Ziggy's reviews of the secs @ 6 Daytona for additional details & the 'powdered graphite' remedy, which can be applied by a watchmaker following a full overhaul of the movement.

Hi Laurent, and welcome to RWG, if you have a case back opener, remove the back, and take a look to see if there is anything obvious causing the issue.  If you can't find anything, then contact PT, and ask if they will either repair, or replace.  This can take time, so you maybe best as you suggested getting a local watchsmith to repair it, but seems an odd fault, but sec@6 are problematic.

Edited by SSTEEL

Hi Laurent, and welcome to RWG, if you have a case back opener, remove the back, and take a look to see if there is anything obvious causing the issue.  If you can't find anything, then contact PT, and ask if they will either repair, or replace.  This can take time, so you maybe best as you suggested getting a local watchsmith to repair it, but seems an odd fault, but sec@6 are problematic.

PT is ok to repair the watch , i told him a friend is going to Shanghai  on sunday , he can bring the watch with him ,at first repair was answering my mails , but no more answers from them for the past 5 days  :angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2:

Welcome to club of seconds at 6 daytona"s. I have one that runs perfect on the wrist, take it off it's dead within the hour. LOL  Seconds at nine much more reliable. And really, can anyone see it running at nine when it's on your wrist, NO

• Like 1