When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time's Watch Servicing - How Is It?

Motoman4540

I was on Andrew's site looking at a couple of AP's and noticed that he is offering a full watch servicing for $120, which includes seals, waterproofing to 5 ATM, tearing down the movement and cleaning it, re-lubricating, etc . . . Has anyone used this service?  Since I only buy reps with A7750's, the idea of being able to not only buy from a TD but also get the watch serviced quite reasonably before receiving it seems like an excellent idea.  Has anyone used Trusty Time's watch servicing?  How is it?

Nothing against Andrew or any other TD offering service and waterproofing for any of their watches they sell, but if I were you, I would not bother, and get those things done when you get the watch by a modded/watchsmith on the forums.  This way you will know what exactly is being done, as most photograph their work in progress for documentation.

Since he's in essence a "drop shipper", and never actually personally handles the watch, you have to in actuality, depend upon the trust level HE has for the folks allegedly servicing the watch......Too "dodgy" IMNSFHO!!

Buy the watch, and if you decide it needs "service" get it done yourself....

Remember, these fellows are involved in an illegal enterprise, and they mostly were born into a society where "let the buyer beware" is the general rule of commerce...Thus giving us a long history of somewhat "stretched" descriptions of stuff like movement origins, crystal materials, strap materials etc..Nuff said......