When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Pam 89s from trusty

FxrAndy

Has any one got any experience with the new Pam 89s?<br />Running a gmt modded A7750 I assume it is pretty new as I have not worked on the movement but I am quite interested in them. It may be like almost every other Pam that I have had that I wear a few times and sell it on but I want a gmt watch that does not use a 2836 an as there is not a good 1675 off the shelf this is looking good<br />I will post a photo and link later but if any one has any experience with this movement I would like to hear about it.

They have been using them in the older 88s etc ...I had a couple in past... as a movement mate I can only say they are pretty robust and mine were good workhorses but I cant say more than that mate sorry..

I can tell you the flaws with the 89 if that would help ;)

Contact Mike he has done a lot with GMTs..so has Sam and Kylan...

Edited by PeteM

Just so that every one knows what we are looking at this is the link

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=10605

and this is the watch

Ok the canon pin is a 100th of a mil lowere than the hand set but thar could just be sloppy fitting or the hand tube is a tadge too long, wont realy bother me

canon2_zpscfdf762c.jpg

And this is a gen

pam89_01.jpg

I had an early DSN version, as a daily beater, for about two years.

This is streets ahead, especially the cannon pin: the DSN had some sort of strange tiny cap over it to hide the hand stack.

That said, the graphite dial was absolutely hypnotic and, as Pete says, the 7750 is a workhorse in this roll.

As I remember though: the hour hand definitely does not jump.

Thanks Polonus, that was what i was refering to "jumping in the setting position" Panadyne, BTW i saw a similar pic to your avatar the other day, wow  the day dreams that brought up!

the GMT hour hand jumps while in setting mode; it moves slowly one rotation per 24h.

The gen is polished steel and the rep is brushed. That's the biggest tell, but it is a very nice rep.

Which bit are you talking about Hambone, let me know as i am about to order one and i would like to know what you mean

The gen is polished steel and the rep is brushed. That's the biggest tell, but it is a very nice rep.