When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to have a Rolex DLCed?

prdubis

Hi guys

Long time no write, as I am not into reps anymore.

Looking for advices where to send a rep watch to be beadblasted and then fully DLCed, including crown and bracelet.

This is the look I would like to achieve:egare6ev.jpg

Thanks all for your help guys.

You don't need to use a forum member to do DLC.  As long as you can disassemble the watch, there are plenty of coating companies out there that will do both the bead blasting and the coating.  I recently had a pair of eyeglasses done, and the place I used did a fantastic job.  He was telling me he does a lot of watches, too.  I went with a pencil lead color PVD, but DLC was also an option.

BTW, the watch in your picture doesn't look bead blasted.

Edited by chieftang

Phong is also doing DLC coating, but my personal opinion is to don't do that on a gen / high-value rep. The DLC is too much fragile, and is a mess to be 100% removed from the case once your realize if will not last many years in good conditions...

DLC's great for exposition, but not good for daily wearing

My .2$ !

Just go to their website. Use the online form to get your work order number and then ship your stuff to Singapore.

Www.2geek.net

Come on guys, it's called "The Google" sheeeeesh

Thanks mate, I know Taka/2Geeks for years, but Taka disappeared one year and a half ago, and I was just asking if someone used his DLC service recently...

Thanks mate, I know Taka/2Geeks for years, but Taka disappeared one year and a half ago, and I was just asking if someone used his DLC service recently...

Man I hope he's still operting through 2Geeks because I went to their website and got an order number and shipped my parts there about a week ago.  It would suck if my parts vanish.  Procto* on RG recently used them to bead blast and DLC coat the case of his ProHunter.  I was looking to do the same.

Valty I was of the understanding that DLC was very durable?

From what I've seen it is durable, in the short term. When I bought / make a Rolex, it's at least for 20 years, and the DLC will not survive that long from what I've read

But maybe somebody here can confirm or infirm ?

From 2geeks site:

Taka Ultra-durable DLC Coating dlc2.jpgdlc.jpg

Introducing Taka Ulta-durable DLC Coating. Probably the most durable DLC coating you can ever find! How hard is your case, will be how hard the coating is. What's more it gives your watch case a charming and cool gunmetal colour you can't resist!

Specifications:

1. Comes with hardening property to about 3000HV.

2. High diamond content to 75% vs 20% on DLC.

3. High energy of coating >100eV vs 5 eV on DLC

4. Gunmetal black colour

Procedure:

1. Click on Request for service and follow the instructions there.

2. When the coating is done, we will issue you a request for payment via paypal.

3. Upon payment, we will deliver your item(s) back to you FREE at the soonest possible!

Note:

1. The service takes 2-6weeks to complete.
2. Sending your item to us without registered mail is at your own risks. We are not liable should your item not reach us.
3. We are in no way liable if your item(s) arrive to us defective. Please ensure that your item(s) are properly packed before shipping to us. It is recommended to wrap it in bubble pack before shipping.

Price per watch head set:

134.90 Euro (watch head, crown guard and crown only, bracelet and buckle NOT included)

Price includes:

1. Sandblasting of parts before coating (Optional)

2. Shipping by 
standard registered airmail

3. Removal of visible scratches before sandblasting.

Extra charges:

Assembly/Disassembly of crystal (without movement): 10 EUR
Assembly/Disassembly of crystal (with movement): 15 EUR
Express international shipping (2-3 days arrival): 30-50 EUR

• 1 month later...