When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chinese Tomb sweeping holiday

KB

Just to let everyone know this holiday means that no orders can ship until the coming Sunday.

I will still take orders if you want to submit them, otherwise see you on Sunday.

Thank you

Ken

OK tomb sweeping you learn something everyday! Not even going to ask but I guess they think Holloween is pretty strange. :partytime:

Mike, its called the "Qing Ming" festival, where the living pay remember and pays respects to their dead ancestors or relatives, by visiting their tombs, cleaning the gravestones and vicinity and offering flowers, incense, food and other stuff.

Mike, its called the "Qing Ming" festival, where the living pay remember and pays respects to their dead ancestors or relatives, by visiting their tombs, cleaning the gravestones and vicinity and offering flowers, incense, food and other stuff.

Here in Taiwan, they also burn paper representations of things they wish their ancestors to have.. such as paper mansions, paper cars, paper ipads, paper money.. if they burn the paper item, their ancestors will receive the actual item.

• Like 1

I figured as much we do similiar things on religious holidays, this is a good thing in any culture IMHO. The name just sort of struck me funny.

Mike, being Sicilian, I guess you are more familiar with the part where you put them six feet under, as opposed to what happens afterward? :D :D