When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ID this Vintage Daytona SS Rep

outrnm

Hey guys, so found this blast from the past stored away for the past 3 years.  Hard to believe this was a super-rep back in the day.  Can anyone ID this and maybe put a value on it?  Thinning my collection and have little use for this as pulling funds together for a gen Daytona.

Info i know: ETA 7750, watch was about $1100 back in 2005.  Tested to 10atm, everything works including pushers and chrono.  Links have screws.  

daytona1.jpg

daytona2.jpg

daytona3.jpg

I agree with the previous posts too, certainly not a 7750 with those sub-dial spaces, and sec@9, also points to this.  If sec@6, and closer together sub-dials, then I would agree, 7750.  No DAYTONA wording above sub-dial@6 either.  $1100 for that 5 years ago sounds crazy.

Actually, here's an Asian 7750 with sec@9  I'm now wondering if the lack of the DAYTONA text, the sub-dials appear more separated?

8625494804_c5a6307a65.jpg

Edited by SSTEEL

Guys, no not trying to sell anything just looking for more info as a lot of members here know a LOT more than i do ;)  yes the subdials are spaced too far apart.  Might be 2004 even.... its been a while.  It USED to have Daytona but the ink faded away...  

To be honest that dial spacing does not look like a eta 7750 setup. Might want to double check, unleashed the picture makes it look crazy.

Looks like a 7750 to me. Subdial spacing looks off because the subdials themselves are too small.

I agree with the previous posts too, certainly not a 7750 with those sub-dial spaces, and sec@9, also points to this.  If sec@6, and closer together sub-dials, then I would agree, 7750.

Nope. The 7750 has sec@9 in its regular configuration. It takes a transfer plate to move the seconds output to 6.

On the plus side, the bezel profile looks nice and flat compared to many of the modern sec@6 reps.

Too bad you didn't find this place 7 years ago and not just 7 days ago!

Running seconds at 6 is a timebomb movement. But if yours is still running, that's good. Might want to leave the chrono pushers alone- no point in tempting fate.

This watch is worth $100-200, so you basically got taken when you bought it. But don't feel bad, we've all been there. At least you found this place.

I actually think it may be a 7750 rep from back in the days and yes, I recall these have been available at ridiculous $1k+ prices back then, I think through EddieLee.

It has running seconds at 9 but subdials are marked incorrectly (like it was back in the days in MBW ROOs with secs at 9).

Obviously it has almost zero value now with much better daytonas available.