When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Daytona Experts Please chime in!

paneraiguy

Hi guys,<br /><br />Team, i need advice and help please on this movement, as I am not technically proficient if this will fit in my DW Spinmaster 6263 and I want to get in right, it will need some work.<br /><br />Here are the details on the movement I have been offered from a great member here:<br /><br />V72<br />Movement Diameter 29.5m<br />Disc: The V72 needs a detent (the part that holds the stem in the movement), a tap 10 (.9mm) stem so a rolex crown will work, and it has one broken case screw, plus it needs a thorough cleaning/oiling/adjustment of the levers etc. I also have a new mainspring that goes with it.<br />The movement is held in place by two big head screws that butt against the caseback when it is screwed down. One of these screws is broken off but chances are it will come out easily when the movement is buzzed in an ultrasonic cleaning machine.<br /><br />What do you guys think, ok to proceed?<br /><br />post-5558-136609022567.jpg<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

Agree, I understand that it does, the seller is very upfront and honest about the movement, I don't mind spending the money, as its a long term watch for me.<br />IMO it is a reasonable price, what would the full strip down and repair cost look like approximate?? <br /><br /><br />Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

Hi, seems the movement have not the correct holes to secure it right in case. 

Read this thread, "The Zigmaster" comment.

'The Zigmeister', on 02 Jul 2012 - 9:00 PM, said:

snapback.png

Unfortunately this is not an easy fix, not for this V72. This V72 doesn't have the required holes for the screw and clamps, the holes should be next to the balance and the other is under the operating lever spring.

The only way to get the holes in the movement, is to drill and thread them, that requires tooling and the necessary skills. You can only do this if you have the movement completely disassembled, then you can drill the mainplate and untrasoinc clean it before assembly.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/147966-franken-daytona-6239-with-valjoux-72-and-genuine-parts/?hl=+6263

mystere

If you are willing to do some serious modding to the inside of the DW case, just about any V72 can be made to fit. However, considering the condition of that movement, fit may be the least of your problems. The movement may have other needs beyond a basic overhaul, which can only be determined once the watchmaker has it apart.

If you are willing to do some serious modding to the inside of the DW case, just about any V72 can be made to fit. However, considering the condition of that movement, fit may be the least of your problems. The movement may have other needs beyond a basic overhaul, which can only be determined once the watchmaker has it apart.

Thanks mate, need as much info as I can get!

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

I agree, movement don't look good at all. A lot of corrosion, needs a lot of work, and it will cost some money to have a clean a nice running movement

Plus the fact it don't have the right holes for the clamps to fit into a Daytona case (now I know it..........)

Unless it's less than 300€, I would stay away from this

Better to find a movement in better conditions, even if the price is higher, you will have much less worries about it