When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Prices

Dutchy

It's a lot of fun building watches.

I prefer using MBW items as a base to start off with.

But...

I have built up watches using only genuine parts; and I've built watches with half genuine half aftermarket parts.

All in all, it's just a damn watch - u can't take it with you when you die.

MBWs are real nice watches. Frankens are great fun. Genuines leave everything in the dust.

Happy hunting/building :)

Never dealt with Lucky,... but George's pricing and indeed mbws were in the $430

or so range for a drsd years ago, so I can understand a slight increase at this point

for inflation..

I do wish however that the mbw ralex would come in with better dials and crown guards

out of the box,... then it would be the perfect price compromise for those of us that are

not into heavy modding, but still enjoy a more accurate replica.

I was wondering however if the mbw name is being used to over-price some of their

other offerings, for instance, I was looking at a Patek Nautilus, and noticed

how mis-aligned the markers were,.. :blink:

Do they expect us to find and install a genuine dial for that as well ? :g:

If another brand would come along a bit more refined than mbw, I think they would lose

business by the bus load....

I know I would jump ship right away... ^_^

I agree whole heartedly. The MBW provides the most OEM modifiable starting point for watch constructionists but it is far from the holy grail out of the box. I do think some of Ubi's creations are beautiful but he's a far better craftsman (and must have far better eyesight than I do) than most and my money is better spent getting a 97% accurate replica I have to do nothing to rather than a $450 MBW that still needs $750+ in mods.

I think the MBW legend is rooted in the "I'm getting something for relatively nothing" holy grail and not that it's the be all and end all of replicas. As touted as it might be, it's still just a fake watch that will fool just as many novices as a Noobmariner, and very few , if any, bonified experts.

I agree whole heartedly. The MBW provides the most OEM modifiable starting point for watch constructionists but it is far from the holy grail out of the box...

Indeed. Out of the box, they leave a lot to be desired. Lots of work and parts swapping involved to attain better aesthetic accuracy. But once they're done... They're done!

^_^

MBW Vintage watches do exist!!!!

The watches are sold only in Bangkok and only by one shop on the ground floor in the very center (MBK shopping center) of Bangkok for 7250 baht (150 Euros) a piece. That is what I have always paid for them...

All interested parties (dealers and individuals alike) please mail me for further directions and I will mail you all necessary infos.

Have a good weekend,

Leonado

Lord, if I could buy MBWs at 150 Euros . . . I'll take another dozen!!

As for George's pricing, I have sent George a lot of money, and I have sent the other guy a lot of money. George sent me what I paid for, but my money sent to the other guy was an unlucky experience.

Besides which, I like George. He's a decent guy, he genuinely loves this hobby and he's always a hoot to chat with. I have bought several dozen vintage Rollies from various sources and the MBW's are a completely different watch. Sometimes, trying to save a few buck is a false economy.

Even if I knew that the next guy only paid 150 E for his MBW, I'd value mine no less, and I'd not begrudge George a dime of the money he's made. I never begrudge anyone I do business with their right to make a profit.

Bill

Even if I knew that the next guy only paid 150 E for his MBW, I'd value mine no less, and I'd not begrudge George a dime of the money he's made. I never begrudge anyone I do business with their right to make a profit.

Hear hear!

Because those-in-the-know can get them cheap, this is why they become resellers.