When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have franken 16610 no date!?

Erict719

Interesting that you're bringing this up. I've a 14060 gen dial that i've been wondering where to fit into. Now i've since gotten a MBW POLEX Shitinerand 16610 case set with a crystal (sans cyclops)! So now i'm hoping it'll all come together....final-fn-ly

14060 dial is the same size as a 5513 dial.

however, TC may be able to help us out soon, by making some 16610 dials that have an hour marker at 3. easy enough to put into a 16610 or a star time 16800 case. remove the cyclops on the crystal (which ive done easily with a chisel and a few stout whacks) , once he completes his ultimate 16610 sub to his perfection hopefully he'll give this project some attention. maybe showing some support for the idea will reassure his potential investment.

Time Warp...

I have a '14060' type nd submariner that I got from WLD (watchlover david) about 12 years ago and the case has 'stawless steel' and 'E 116610' on the 12 o'clock side and 'orig roly design' and no numbers on the 6 o'clock side...iirc the dial is the same size as in noob F520117 submariners. I driilled the lug holes out to accept submariner springbars and put an aftmkt tube and genuine crown in it about 10 years back (the tube/crown was removed and used in another project). 

It sure looks a lot like an F520117 noob case, thin 'rehaut' and all.

Stawless steel beats 904L.  :pimp: 

As I know 14060 is smaller then 16610 , even tc make a dial, the case still wrong

thats true but its better than nothing and i would settle for a decent dial in a 16610 case. rehauts can also be ground down a bit use a shorter profile gasket and really no one is going to notice without a side by side comp