When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVII V2

bobkat

Hey guys, this is a repost from other forums.  Since some may not frequent the other forums I thought some here may gain some use from these photos:

Hello everyone!  I just got this watch from Sead, and wanted to share some photos with you.  Sead did a great job finding me a clean watch with perfect marker alignment and dial.  First off I didn't think i'd love this watch as much as I do.  I was kind of like i'll give it a shot, looks to be pretty accurate.  What impresses me is the feel of quality when you've got it in your hands.  The texture on the dial, the crispness of the dial numbers, the even lume application.  Really more than I expected.  Per my conversation with Sead, these are not Noob factory.  This is another maker (which has made some less nice watches in the past).  This is by far their best showing.

These two shots are just an overview of the watch.  Not too busy with nice date triangle accent, which gets me thinking about old school altimeters:

290wjs7.jpg

qp2kwi.jpg

This next is just a straight shot of the dial with indirect lighting.  Gives you a good idea of the strength of the AR which is very strong with a light blue hue.  It looks very very close to the gen which I handled this weekend (in anticipation of getting this watch):

2h4fd6f.jpg

The font on the dial is nice and sharp:

b6r7sk.jpg

One of my favorite aspects of this watch is the dial texture.  It's not pure black, it's textured.  It's certainly not gray, but it somehow shimmers in the light.  This is uncannily like the gen watch.  Really impressed with this dial:

17z2xk.jpg

j121pd.jpg

The date cut out is extremely sharp with a nice two step ledge down to the date wheel overlay.  Great attention to detail and very clean edges:

311vvpe.jpg

Finally here's an obligatory wrist shot.  I have a 7.5 inch wrist.  This is taken a bit wide obviously, but it sits very nicely on my wrist.  Not too big and not too small!

15d5sow.jpg

One thing I do feel is very very weak on this watch is the strap.  It's atrocious.  Will get a rivet pilot style strap and see how it looks.

Thanks for looking at these photos, really enjoying this watch!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a nice looking watch! ive been thinking about getting one for a while now. i have 2 quick questions

1. Does sead have a website that i can order the watch from???

2. and the xvii on puretime , does that seem to be the same source??? 

http://puretime.co/product/mark-xvii-11-best-edition-ss-black-dial-a2892-on-black-leather-strap/

Thats a nice looking watch! ive been thinking about getting one for a while now. i have 2 quick questions

1. Does sead have a website that i can order the watch from???

2. and the xvii on puretime , does that seem to be the same source???

http://puretime.co/product/mark-xvii-11-best-edition-ss-black-dial-a2892-on-black-leather-strap/

Stead(supermirrors) is best contacted via pm. Just tell h what you want and he will get it. Almost all are from the same producer. It comes down to your comfort level.

No matter what, get this watch.

ok thanks densie! 

ps. what do you mean by comfort level??? 

also, i know this is very stupid question, but..

dealers send out QC pics before shipping off the watches so the buyers can make sure they are ok, etc. Shouldnt the watches be all exactly the same as they are all coming from the same factory? I mean, i doubt the dealer is getting stocks for a particular model from multiple different factories. 

ok thanks densie!

ps. what do you mean by comfort level???

also, i know this is very stupid question, but..

dealers send out QC pics before shipping off the watches so the buyers can make sure they are ok, etc. Shouldnt the watches be all exactly the same as they are all coming from the same factory? I mean, i doubt the dealer is getting stocks for a particular model from multiple different factories.

Comfort level means whatever dealer you like.

Like any other manufactured item, sometimes things are missed. The QC are there to ensure that you see what is coming to you to make both parties happy.

ooh ok, i just assumed all watches would be exactly the same if they are coming from the same source. btw is supermirros id name exactly as you wrote it?? i couldnt find his name on the list when i tried to pm him.

Thanks, and sorry about the 100 questions

ooh ok, i just assumed all watches would be exactly the same if they are coming from the same source. btw is supermirros id name exactly as you wrote it?? i couldnt find his name on the list when i tried to pm him.

Thanks, and sorry about the 100 questions

look under for supermirrors in "watches" section.