When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CrPO 45 mm Titanium review *with pics*

Guest khashayar

Guest khashayar

btw kashayar, a different factory (noob) are releasing a 45mm on rubber strap in the nearish future, might be worth holding off on the gen strap to see how the rep looks. It's in black though.

Thanks for the update Jeff. But I think the blue PO should have the blue rubber strap and same way around. But I asked Andrew and he said that they have plans for releasing new straps for the PO soon, so perhaps we'll see a blue one as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest khashayar

Ti case is scratch magnet...... :nono:

Not true, actually. I've been wearing it for almost the entire day for more than a month now.

It is "only" the clasp that has been scratched.

Edited by khashayar

hello guys new to the forums.

what is the actuall thickness of the genuine "big face" versions of the planet ocean. ive oredered this model, and the merchant ive purchased from has them down as 17mm.nhow accurately do they try to stick to the thickness, or is it case of because its a dependent on how compact they can make there movements?

cheers

gav

I almost bought that same watch because of the extreme accuracy but bought the SS ULTIMATE BLACK FACE/bezel and working chrono. Until have the TI SEE THROUGH BACK IN MY WISH LIST AND THE BLUE FACE YOU CHOOSE MAKES ME WANT IT EVEN MORE.  ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WATCH, YOU SHOULD GET MANY COMPLIMENTS ON THIS BEAUTY. CONGRATS AND WARE IT WITH PRIDE AND CONFIDENCE.  I JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I CAN ORDER MINE.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THE GREAT PICTURES.

Not true, actually. I've been wearing it for almost the entire day for more than a month now.

It is "only" the clasp that has been scratched.

My Ti band has taken a beating over the last few years.  Its really tough but scratches easily.  I often polish it back up with a gray ScotchBrite pad.

That is the most honest review ever..most of the people brag about their new purchases and forget to count the demerits..you actually have described everything from likes and the dislikes of the watch. But i assure you the watch looks stunning especially the lume is just great and hell yeah..we'd love to see some more shots of that gorgeous time piece.

Stunning watch and great lume. Eagerly awaiting mine (with Orange bezel) from Andrew. Now these stunning pictures are making me wonder if I should have ordered this version instead. Hmm...

Guest khashayar

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I hope it has been some help in your decision making.

I read that someone was interested in more pictures. I'll see if I can arrange something and take some extra shots during this week.

Now, to be perfectly honest with you guys, this watch is a keeper for some time, but I'll substitute in the near future. Why? Well, I'm an extremely picky guy, so it's enough that something is 3-4 mm offset and I will bother about it. Since it is, after all, a rep, some things I can overlook. But during recent visit in NY, I went to omegas shop on 5th and studied the gen movement on the back. It's such a major difference between gen and rep in that aspect, it's kind if embarrassing actually. I know I am, in fact, nitpicking, but I can't live with that.

Second of all, the Ti bracelet is a major pain in the A. It's so damn light it makes it feel like a rep. If I would buy the blue PO gen I probably wouldn't worry about it; in fact it would be a good thing. But my personal opinion is that if you wanna buy a rep, go for something that has some weight on it. Agreed that no one else perhaps won't notice, but you will. And that makes is hard for that transition from being a rep, to you starting thinking of it as a gen.

I don't wanna complain, just wanted to tell you guys that went for another colour; I think you might have done the right thing.

Now, lets see what noob has to offer us.

Thank you once again guys.

Hello khashayar, your watch looks great. Im currently waiting for the blue ti version from trusty. Can i just ask tho, when you say noob has to offer, what does this mean? Im new to these boards, an ive had reps in the past (from swwatch) but ive not been able to grasp what noob is actually

Guest khashayar

Hello khashayar, your watch looks great. Im currently waiting for the blue ti version from trusty. Can i just ask tho, when you say noob has to offer, what does this mean? Im new to these boards, an ive had reps in the past (from swwatch) but ive not been able to grasp what noob is actually

Hey gavinelli.

I'm quite new here as well, but this is so much I've understood this far:

As you know there are different dealers. Different dealers supply their stock from different factories. The ceramic PO's (like the one I have), is made my a factory called the BP factory. According to what I've read, the BP is known for their ability to create new models "quickly", but thus missing that extra attention to detail. Not that they are bad, actually I can speak of my own watch I can tell that it is a great rep.

The noob factory on the other hand releases their new models not so quick as BP does, meaning that you have to wait a longer time if you want a certain model specifically from noob. However, noob has a greater attention for detail. It's all logical if you think about it... Later release --> generally a better job.

Now, a dealer for noob, has made an announcement saying that the new ceramic PO's will be released from the noob factory soon. By the end of June is what I've read, but no one is certain.

The models they will offer at the beginning are the PO's in black and orange. Blue will probably take a longer time (if coming at all). A 42 mm version of a closed caseback will also be released.

My friend cougar1 has created a thread with some sneak peaks and general information.

You can read more here:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/159049-noob-factory-ceramic-po-and-lm-le/#entry1237482

Hey gavinelli.

I'm quite new here as well, but this is so much I've understood this far:

As you know there are different dealers. Different dealers supply their stock from different factories. The ceramic PO's (like the one I have), is made my a factory called the BP factory. According to what I've read, the BP is known for their ability to create new models "quickly", but thus missing that extra attention to detail. Not that they are bad, actually I can speak of my own watch I can tell that it is a great rep.

The noob factory on the other hand releases their new models not so quick as BP does, meaning that you have to wait a longer time if you want a certain model specifically from noob. However, noob has a greater attention for detail. It's all logical if you think about it... Later release --> generally a better job.

Now, a dealer for noob, has made an announcement saying that the new ceramic PO's will be released from the noob factory soon. By the end of June is what I've read, but no one is certain.

The models they will offer at the beginning are the PO's in black and orange. Blue will probably take a longer time (if coming at all). A 42 mm version of a closed caseback will also be released.

My friend cougar1 has created a thread with some sneak peaks and general information.

You can read more here:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/159049-noob-factory-ceramic-po-and-lm-le/#entry1237482

thanks for the reply khashayar. so would a trusted dealer specify on there website if a watch has been made in a "noob" factory or not, or do certain dealers have exclusivity to watches made in noob factorys? im waiting on this watch you have, cant wait to get it. think im gonna need a third wrist for all these delights available haha

Edited by gavinelli

thanks for the reply khashayar. so would a trusted dealer specify on there website if a watch has been made in a "noob" factory or not, or do certain dealers have exclusivity to watches made in noob factorys? im waiting on this watch you have, cant wait to get it. think im gonna need a third wrist for all these delights available haha

Generally from what I have seen, yes they do tend specify if a particular version is a "Noob version". I don't believe there is a TD who has any kind of exclusivity when it comes to Noob watches however there can be various TD's with stock from different batches, versions, etc.

• Like 1

I have the SS PO Chrono that I got from Andrew and it has quickly become my favorite watch. Everything works perfectly but I did struggle somewhat in my choice because that Ti with see through back looks so good, it is still on my wish list but I was only able to find it in the 42 but no 45s. Since most of my others are black bezel and face I will probably buy it in the pumpkin just to have something different. Anyway congratulations on your new watch and be proud to show it off, I do hope to get the new Ti in pumpkin in the next couple of months as long as nothing else comes up to slow me down.

I absolutely love this website because all of you are do helpful in so many ways. For example this very nice looking watch I probably would have gone ahead and bought in pumpkin after seeing how great it looks in blue has quickly become a more interesting choice. Thank you so much for the great pictures.

Today ive recieved my Planet Ocean 45mm Titanium Blue Swiss Eta 2824-2. First impressions, very pleased and impressed with my purchase from trusty time, quicker delivery than i expected which was a please t surprised. It just looks so good and feels nice an substantial without feeling bulky. One thing however i have noticed is there seems to be a greasey film on both the titanium strap and case edge in places making it look two different shade and also across the crystal? Is this normal or if not, has anyone experienced this what do they suggest to remedy it both now and in the future?

Guest khashayar

Today ive recieved my Planet Ocean 45mm Titanium Blue Swiss Eta 2824-2. First impressions, very pleased and impressed with my purchase from trusty time, quicker delivery than i expected which was a please t surprised. It just looks so good and feels nice an substantial without feeling bulky. One thing however i have noticed is there seems to be a greasey film on both the titanium strap and case edge in places making it look two different shade and also across the crystal? Is this normal or if not, has anyone experienced this what do they suggest to remedy it both now and in the future?

Congratulations on your purchase.

I see what you mean about the "two different shades". I had a similar observation on my clasp, but it has faded away. If you have it on the strap and particularly on the crystal, there seems to be a problem (unless you've mistaken something for something else). I'm no expert, but if you post pictures I'm sure there are other members that can help you.

Thanks khaskayar, really pleased with it! Feel its a good test run for the real thing. I will upload some photographs but at present im only on iphone. However i seen in another thread someone talking about using a mineral soloution or something to that affect to clean bracelets up to look like the real thing. Cant for the life of me find it through the search option though haha

• 2 months later...

Looks like a great rep. If you compare to real photos of the GEN, you notice they've made the pearl slightly too large. On some reps also the position a little too low. I do not think it will be visible on the wrist, seen by the naked eye, though.

Also the metallic markers, 6, 9, 12 are a little too fat, and on GENS pics, it seems they are made a little more sophisticated (somewhat rounded, not completely flat on top, like the rep). Also the Omega logo under 12, seems a little too fat, and the two lines in the greek letter *omega* is too short on the REP logo.

Neetpicking, but hey, it is still a great REP. I think the color looks spot on!

Just came to my mind - why does not Angus (PureTime) carry the CrPO from H-Factory (or is it BP factory??), he has only listed the limited Liquid Metal 42mm Noob on this site, and a couple of other totally off socalled ceramics. None of the standard 42 and 45mm SS and Ti models, seen on TT and PC sites.