When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Advice

vikingr

Hey guys I'm a Pam noob (really a watch noob in general). I've worn a Citizen Eco Drive for years but recently got a Maratac Pilot and now I've caught the bug. I've been on this site a lot lately searching but would appreciate some guidance. I want my next watch to be a Panerai replica. The most important features to me are date, seconds, and similarity to original. I'm hoping to stay in the $200-$300 range for now. The only trusted dealer I've really checked out is Trusty. Any advice to particular dealers and models that are known to be quality would be greatly appreciated.

vikingr, on 20 May 2013 - 1:07 PM, said:

I didn't mean any offence. It's a beautiful watch. I just use seconds function on a daily basis.

No offence taken, its just that though to some (my wife for example ) all Panerai's look the same the base versions are very classic and distinctive .

If you need seconds you'd be best off with the 029 as this has the centre seconds and will be easier to read.

25056c1e064ff52e9c54162c21e1941d.image.8

You have the 27/28/57 as well but will possibly be out of your price range

• 2 weeks later...

I was just sitting here thinking...that 89 in a aged bronze case, subtle metallic black with bright bronze patches at the wear points. A classic, modern watch with a medieval presence.

Am I going mad? :)

I have the 177 titanium that is a very good rep.

I agree with your need for a sec hand.  I have a 177 and it's a great rep.  Got a 332 as well and it's just okay.  I'm definitely in for a 089 next.  I need minute tick marks if I want to wear the watch to work.  You can't go wrong with TrustyTime.  That's my go-to TD.