When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Gonzo 6538 Build - Dial Needed!

Nanuq

Okay gents I'm a step further along in my build and now I'm looking for a good 2-line 6538 gilt dial.

I have several options in mind already, and I'm looking for other ideas.

The best I've seen are the customs by Ivan. They're over the top perfect and around $1,500

My next choice is the mid-range Minh Quy dial, at around $350

I'm less impressed with the Ingod, Raffles, Natalie and Yuki dials.

What else is out there? Do YOU have a good dial you want to offload?

Your thoughts?

Thanks Freddy, yes I've seen them and they're very nice.

Check out these dials from Ivan... pretty nice stuff! But sadly out of my price range. Something this nice I'd be afraid to really USE it... and that's really the name of the game, to build something nice enough to be acceptable yet inexpensive enough to be willing to risk it to the elements.

post-32-136929590928.jpg

post-32-136929592602.jpg

DH, does your Daz-ified MQ dial shine and reflect with a nice strong gilt sheen? Is it an order of magnitude better than the Daz Special dials we started with?

I know Daz can work magic with those cheap dials, now I'm ready to take it to the next level of giltiness.

DH, does your Daz-ified MQ dial shine and reflect with a nice strong gilt sheen? Is it an order of magnitude better than the Daz Special dials we started with?

I know Daz can work magic with those cheap dials, now I'm ready to take it to the next level of giltiness.

Yes mate, much nicer brighter and shinner than the ingod one. Have a word with cc and see if he still has an entry level mq dial picture, I'm sure he had a couple before heading skywards with Ivan. i'm sure he posted one recently which he'd applied a Matte Lacquer too.  

Yes, now you say that, I think I remember it. I've been attacking my tropical InGod dial with polish and matte lacquer and I'm just not feeling the vibe. I think this build calls for black with gilt.

Thanks friend! I needed a little nudge in that direction.