When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a tag heuer replica from fellow member customs problem ?

Guest allforfun

Guest allforfun

I've recently bought a tag heuer new style formula one watch from a fellow member , he's only gone and written on the customs form that there's a tag heuer watch inside ! Instead of just wristwatch I now know what's going to happen UK customs will either seize the watch or put a 20% tax charge on top for delivery this watch is of Course fake ! And the delivery service have sellers and my address they emailed him yesterday to ask for my contact number ? Which I find strange ? But when I looked at tracking no I can see why ! As he's declared it as tag heuer watch I've had a similar thing happen before twice , once I lost the watch destroyed by customs and the other they wanted me to pay £20.00 of value of watch, which I would not do ? Has anyone had anything similar happen to them and the outcome ? ps been 8 days already since postage

Edited by allforfun

Guest blutack

I agree this is a real serious thing to do I mean why would anyone do that? I can tell you that you will 1. Not get the watch 2. Possibly have problems in the future as your address will flag up 3. Have a knock on your door, in this circumstance I think seller should refund you, as who in the right mind would wright this on a customs slip? They are just asking for trouble I mean it's against the law to sell rep watches does he know that? Good luck mate I've dealt with you in the past and had no problems so can see where your coming from I would be tamping, if it was me.

Does the sender live in LaLa land? What would compel him to state the maker on the declaration? I'm sure it was not marked that way when it was sent to him! If you loose it to customs it's HIS fault and he should compensate you for his stupidity. Good Luck!

Guest allforfun

I know I'm Amazed at his stupidity I'm waiting for him to answer now thanks guys you have just confirmed what I already know is going to happen I'm $168.50 out of pocket at moment just hope my address does not get flagged as I love buying watches from here, I really can't believe a member who is on such good feedback would make this schoolboy error.

Edited by allforfun

I've recently bought a tag heuer new style formula one watch from a fellow member , he's only gone and written on the customs form that there's a tag heuer watch inside ! Instead of just wristwatch I now know what's going to happen UK customs will either seize the watch or put a 20% tax charge on top for delivery this watch is of Course fake ! And the delivery service have sellers and my address they emailed him yesterday to ask for my contact number ? Which I find strange ? But when I looked at tracking no I can see why ! As he's declared it as tag heuer watch I've had a similar thing happen before twice , once I lost the watch destroyed by customs and the other they wanted me to pay £20.00 of value of watch, which I would not do ? Has anyone had anything similar happen to them and the outcome ? ps been 8 days already since postage

Hold on...at the moment as far as you know the watch is still on it's way to you? When you looked at the tracking number you see it is declared as a Tag Heuer, I have never had any details of the package revealed from a tracking number? It has happened to you twice before so your address is probably already marked.

The second time it happened to you you were asked to pay £20 of the value of the watch...which was a fake? So they let you keep a fake as long as you gave them £20?

It's been 8 days since postage. Where is it coming from and what type of shipping has been used?

Sorry but this is all a little confusing and being the skeptic I am....fishy!

Guest allforfun

I was asked to pay 20% of the value of the watch which they valued at £1,000 it was a fake tissot watch, mean twice in 10- years so nothing wrong with my address you have clearly never had this situation before so know nothing about whats going to happen i do know im going to lose the watch or my money or both, heres some pictures.

post-11330-0-85756900-1370028171_thumb.j

post-11330-0-22217700-1370028185_thumb.j

Edited by allforfun

Guest blutack

Oh dear don't think anyone will see that watch again this will be on some CUSTOMS officers wrist within a week sorry not what you want to here but that's going to happen, I think your address will also be flagged sorry for bad news.

First off, you are way too early in the process to be making any speculations about the delivery. It only got into the sort facility at 12:17 PM and was forwarded to LHR UK at 7:39 PM today, That was what 3 hours ago? I don't see anywhere that you were asked to pay any duty on this watch, at least not yet. You need to let the process work through further before you make any speculations as to the outcome.

I agree that the seller should never ever list  the name of a genuine watch on the customs declaration form. However that is "water under the bridge" at this point. If it gets to the point where you get and official notification from Customs that you need to pay the duty, then you can make the decision as to whether you want to pay up, or refuse the package. You can always claim that it was not something ordered by you, and it must be the wrong address. AFA the seller, if he told you up front what most of the private sellers post in their for sale, "I am not responsible for loss, damage, customs seizure, or taxes and or duty imposed by your government" then he is pretty much not responsible. Since he made a rather childish mistake by listing the name of the watch, I feel that he bears some responsibility, how much is up to you guys to sort out. This "sorting out" doesn't need to be done now, you need to see what is going to happen first.

Guest blutack

I agree with what you say but it's not looking good for him I think the seller is 100% responsible for being so thick and writtinh this on the package, I've never seen anything so foolish in all my years collecting watches.

alright everyone the seller was me. 

to answer a question above the reason why the tracker shows like that is that aramex does not have pick up or drop off in Canada.  They use Purolator which picks up and delivers to their sort facility in Canada. 

First off I have sold plenty on this forum and sent a few to the UK, I did EXACTLY as the buyer requested I do, mark down as gift value 20 CAD.

After a 30 minute conversation with Aramex it seems as though nothing was charged on the package (and it has been dropped off to another carrier as it is outside aramex's delivery zone, I am assuming royal post and according to the rep already cleared customs). The package was opened before boarding a plane from Canada because it was labeled gift.  If I had wrote down watch or anything else it would have never been opened according to the agent I spoke to.  I have included a screenshot of the original customs declaration to show exactly what I wrote down. 

I have already offered to take back the watch and refund the money but that was not good enough according to the buyer.

fvlgzk.png

Guest allforfun

Please let me know where in any email you have sent me you have offered me a refund ? I quote

" I will work through this with you but it's generally understood the minute it leaves a private sellers hands with customs forms filled out as per customer instruction the responsibility is on the buyer " yes I agreed to fill in customs as a $20.00 gift not as a tag heuer watch I don't believe the shipping agent would open the open the package and right anything in I think you have written this in by mistake we shall give it a few days like I said and see if it comes or not, will keep you all posted but no refund has been offered.

Ps why did you not mark the package as watch ? I mean a watch can be a gift ?

Edited by allforfun

I think you should be waiting to see if this goes tits up first before you go any further guys, from what I can tell the parcel hasn't been stopped or any duty imposed on it as yet   :g:  let it run the course first.........   

I think you should be waiting to see if this goes [censored] up first before you go any further guys, from what I can tell the parcel hasn't been stopped or any duty imposed on it as yet :g: let it run the course first.........

Wise words

And I'm tending to believe BB on this. I doubt someone selling a Tag Heuer watch would spell it wrong on a form. I think it was done by a customs person who doesn't really know watches.

Again, fingers crossed for both parties

I'm guessing that its just someone's handwritten note that had the watch brand, and some one else typed it into a computer. A U can easily look like a V.

The shipper opened the package before leaving Canada? Boggle!

I know all the airlines are paranoid about lipo batteries and suchlike, but that's mad.

Maybe time to start thinking of purely mechanical things like spark plugs or wooden carved fertility figure, so they wouldn't even think that a battery might be inside!

Richard

Airport security has x-ray, bomb sniffing devices, why would they open a package to look at a watch? First off IF it was an explosive device what more could they tell with it in their hand than looking at it with their scanners? maybe see that it's running, but that's about all.

Guest allforfun

Well had the package today I knew it felt light before I opened it and when I did open it , it was covered in opened by customs stickers and guess what? No watch also the tag heuer part was printed n and not hand written so it looks like customs have other taken watch and crushed it etc or just taken it, all I know is there's no watch, so what do I do now? I wish I was here and I would have refused delivery but my girlfriends son signed for it when we were out so now I'm out of pocket over $165 I'm hoping seller is going o sort it out as after seeing the printed label and not hand written I'm convinced this was declared as a tag heuer watch when bing posted, I will upload picture of it when I get a chance.

Guest allforfun

I did I always do I've got the video evidence but what's more worrying is the tag heuer in the invoice is written same day it was posted and not written in hand but printed this makes it all clear to me that this is now it was sent if buyer refunds me that will be the end of it if not I will upload video and invoice to show all.

So instead of working things out privately you've made it into a very public affair.  So I will post everything I have rather than deal with it on an email basis. 

But before anything I have sold watches to people in the UK, please take a look at my feedback, I would not be as foolish as to write down tag heuer or hever. 

Like I've told you Aramex has a hub in Toronto, Canada.  They do not pick them up themselves, I have asked for an email of the entire process from Aramex Canada office. 

1. I created the shipment online 

2. system gives you two forms, customs declaration which I filled out via buyers request, 2nd is a shipping label (and if you take a look it ships it to a hub) 

3. Aramex told me verbally they take the info on the forms which are sent electronically to them and they print off their own labels.  So this makes perfect sense that they opened the package then wrote down tag hever as they needed to know what a "gift" was inside of the box. 

and to answer your question about the aramex invoice, when I talked to the rep they backdate it so it matches the actual ship date.  For example if I was in Vancouver and I created a label on the 22nd but did not arrive into aramex's custody until the 24th they would still have to date the aramex invoice for the 22nd.  

2sbubl1.png

Guest allforfun

I've emailed you and told you what I will do if you don't give me a refund I will upload the invoice next I still don't believe it that the invoice is dated 24/05/13 and that's where it says tag heuer same date, as you posted it? Don't tell me they open the package same day then reprint a new invoice displaying it's contents ? The same day?you posted it! Do me a favour!