When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How's the white SOSF dial compared to the gen?

So the white dial rep is one of my favorite out-of-the-box reps.  With that said... the white dial is nothing like the genuine dial.  The rep is a very white and the gen dial has a off-white cream color.  So in terms of colors its way off.  The rep as a whole is pretty good. 

I wanted the white dial but ended up with the black dial ETA.  It has the best color match to gen, its black.... who can eff that up? Ha.  Check out the 'bay and compare dial colors to the rep.  Easy to spot.  Hope that helps

It depends on which version of the watch you buy. My SOSF white dial is cream and exactly like the gen. The bottom photo is gen. Hm as you can see, my phone camera's white balance is a little too flesh-toned here.

post-22602-0-10747600-1371094840_thumb.j

post-22602-0-55980300-1371094498_thumb.j

That's a first generation Swiss powered SOSF white dial from ~4 years ago. The current generation (v2) is considered to be it's equal ..

For reference, here is the SOSF v2 sales page on Torobravo's web store. He has ll the colors on one page, so just click the white-dial thumbnail. You can see that it's a light cream dial.

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=656

The dials from the first SFSO are the same tone as the gen, trust me

Andy, are you saying that the V2 white dial is the wrong color? If so, then I stand corrected .. a watch tech who repairs reps would know better than me.

V2 is pretty close, way better than white V1 (I had 2 of them).

But not 100% when viewed at different angles.

Here's mine, wearing it atm ;)

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/145422-fresh-to-me-fish/#entry1096322

Unfortunately the problem with looking at pictures of people's watches (and even the official maker's web site pictures) is that the color is simply not correctly reproduced by the digital camera and your monitor. The white balance in your pics is just as bad as mine in my photo above. No one without experience could judge the true colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Gen.

ogz485.jpg

The biggest issue on the rep (to my eye) are the SELs. They look really cheap and sloppy on the reps. Other than that the SFSO replicas are great.

JKay's white looks pretty damn good. Lume dots look great... best I've seen on a rep. They should be pure, ivory white "buttons" when uncharged.-

JKay's white looks pretty damn good. Lume dots look great... best I've seen on a rep. They should be pure, ivory white "buttons" when uncharged.-

The issue with the 1st Gen SFSO is that it came out before the factories were using "better" lume, and it appears a bit greenish in daylight. It's been on my list for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...