When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calzone anyone?

docthor

Yepp...I did the Injera myself...what is a clay plate??

Sure there are juniper berrys in the Kraut...no Kraut without them...never ;)

Don't tell Pete what you'd put in the cooker...tell me :D

Today my wife is preparing the lunch...fried potatoes with fried eggs and crumbed codfish...:)

I did the Injera in a ceramic coated pan just like I do my Crepés :)

@S...don't know how to say it but...from my experience the best recipe won't do it if you don't feel it...at least I never cook following a recipe straight away...I always cook with my eyes, my belly, my fingers...the recipe is just a source of inspiration :)

But I'd love to share this source with you :)

• Like 1

Recipe for ribs per requests.

sauce-  teriyaki   you like another go for it!

Cabbage I used Napa what ever you can get cheap- 2 heads cut in half flat side down salt pepper put a little sauce over not a lot all else will run down to them any way.

Ribs - salt pepper garlic powder or better granulated garlic rub it in all over. Put in pan then put some sauce over top just like you see in the pic over top, not to much stuff can be to strong used in great amounts.

Next -one of each  green,red ,yellow sweet bell peppers I cut into rings do whatever you like! Sauce again, salt pepper.

Then green onion, scallion whatever you guys call them I used three bundles hey they are 3 for a dollar here! salt pepper sauce.

Cover w/foil put in oven 350 for 2 hours or so then uncover for 30 min.

Some hints not to much salt and pepper it will be to salty just want some on everything heavier on meat of course,

teriyaki sauce- heavier if you want I like to let the other flavors come through.

@sgt...I thought about a recipe which is both...easy and delicious and even at least a bit exotic ;)

I don't know if you guys or at least your missus likes italian food...if so...here is a recipe which I got back in the 90s from the grandma of my first wife (Sicilian she was!!).

Spaghetti Carbonara

You need....

500g Spaghetti

1 Mozzarella (125g)

300 - 350ml sweat cream (fluid!)

3 - 4 fresh eggs (depends on size)

350g belly of pork (smoked)

2 - 3 table spoons of fresh basil (sliced)

3 toes garlic

2 small chilies

Olive oil

black pepper (milled)

salt

Preparation:

Cut the belly of pork into sheer slices.

Same with the garlic.

Same with the chilies.

Slice the basil.

Cut the Mozzarella into pieces.

Now cook the Spaghetti like stated on their package.

Meanwhile fry the belly of pork together with the garlic and chilies (put in the meat first, then place the garlic and chilies on top...leave it like this for about 1min and then stir it) in a small amount of Olive oil (2 teaspoons should be enough) till it's crispy but still a little soft.

This should take about 5-6 min...

Simultaneously you can put the sweat cream, the eggs, the Mozzarella, the basil and 1-2 teaspoons Olive oil into a bowl...stir it.

When the belly of pork is ready just put it into the bowl to the other stuff and mix it in.

When the Spaghetti are al dente take them off of the flame but don't strain off the water!

Take the Spaghetti with a Spaghetti spoon out of the water and directly into the bowl with the other stuff.

Once you're done take a little bit of the Spaghetti water (less than a small cup) and put it into the bowl too.

Salt it, put some pepper on it (as much as you like) and mix it...you're done now...enjoy your meal :)

Doc " ..garlic powder or granulated garlic?? Serious?? Why not fresh garlic?" doing a dry rub (put on meat in generous amounts work in by hand) fresh garlic will not work, did not add fresh to dish w/ peppers ,scallions etc  as tends to over power everything else.

I am back.... but under sufferance.... my mouth is full of saliva...

But thank you Mike...my first cook is your ribs mate...I will be out to shops for weekend.. then I am going to try Docs pasta and pork but would prefer the prawns..hint hint :)

I will report back when I am stuffed and if it dont work I will take Decks option...however even the Kebab shops round here are rubbish... I always like going back to London for my regular haunt .... the guy always lets me sit down at the back and eat the stuff he cooks his family upstairs... :)

I will post pics of something this weekend :)

2 questions

What is sweet cream.... we only have single or double cream here...I never seen sweet cream

Do I need to score the skin of the baby back ribs?

Thank you :)