When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP Sub C Bezel Assembly Question

devilseam

I just bought a BP case set from the other RWG, it seems complete however im at a loss to see how the bezel assembly works?

The case has the crystal and retaining ring fitted, the case has four small holes as shown below, not sure what purpose they serve? -

20130702_102422_zpsddf1456b.jpg

The bezel ring has the click spring teeth underneath, but im not sure if im missing the actual click spring, however if I am im not sure where it would fit? There doesnt seem to be a hole in the retaining ring for a click spring?

20130702_104212_zps8462754f.jpg

I havent tried to put the bezel on the retaining ring yet, but it feels a very tight fit.

20130702_104230_zps4939410e.jpg

Is there something im missing?

There is no click sprint on the BP sub, you are missing the four spring loaded parts which create the click sound, and prevent from turning clockwise.

So, you need 4 x prongs, and 4 x matching tiny springs.

There is no click sprint on the BP sub, you are missing the four spring loaded parts which create the click sound, and prevent from turning clockwise.

Cheers Steel, So I guess they fit in the holes?

Any idea where I can get some?

Try in M2M on the various forums, as you never know, someone may have a damaged case, and have the spares.  Failing this, you could try asking some TD's?

If push comes to shove, you could possibly try and make your own, obviously depending on your skill set, and access to small springs.

There is a trick to re-assembling. You have to put the crystal on with the gasket then put the metal ring over that once that is done you need to press the bezel ring over the retaining ring and make sure you already have all the bearings in!

The BP bezel assembly is a monstrosity.

There's actually 4x identical springs, 3x little mushroom head pins and one different one that produces the click. If you look closely at the holes you see that the one by 7-8 o'clock is a different shape than the other 4.

@ the OP: you need to replace these parts before your bezel will work. You can get away with leaving out 1 or 2 of the mushroom pins, but you need the click one.

I havent tried to put the bezel on the retaining ring yet, but it feels a very tight fit.

20130702_104230_zps4939410e.jpg

Is there something im missing?

DO NOT PRESS THE BEZEL OVER THE RETAINING RING. YOU WILL DESTROY IT.

Unlike every other bezel assembly in existence, the BP retaining ring is designed to be installed over the bezel. See how the retaining ring has a step in it? The top, fatter part is what holds the bezel down. You cannot press the bezel down over it and you will break it if you try (ask me how I know).

You need to put the bezel on the case, then press the retaining ring down. It's a giant pain in the ass. I hate the BP construction.

The BP bezel assembly is a monstrosity.

There's actually 4x identical springs, 3x little mushroom head pins and one different one that produces the click. If you look closely at the holes you see that the one by 7-8 o'clock is a different shape than the other 4.

@ the OP: you need to replace these parts before your bezel will work. You can get away with leaving out 1 or 2 of the mushroom pins, but you need the click one.

DO NOT PRESS THE BEZEL OVER THE RETAINING RING. YOU WILL DESTROY IT.

Unlike every other bezel assembly in existence, the BP retaining ring is designed to be installed over the bezel. See how the retaining ring has a step in it? The top, fatter part is what holds the bezel down. You cannot press the bezel down over it and you will break it if you try (ask me how I know).

You need to put the bezel on the case, then press the retaining ring down. It's a giant pain in the ass. I hate the BP construction.

Thanks sneed! Great info. Im going to have a play tonight.

irolexu forgot how we do it. Install all of your bearings and springs first. Then set the bezel on top of them. THEN put your retainer ring on with the skinny side down. Then press the retainer ring into position, gently. You can use a bezel from a datejust, turn it upside down, if fits perfectly over the crystal. Press it down gently until you have the correct tension against you bezel. Install the insert and you are done

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I am assemble a bp sub no date i Have Just one doubt .which side of the crystal must be inside ? I do not hxve the cyclops and one side of the crystal has a bevel and it's smaller and the other side is bigger, so I do not know which is the correct side

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk