When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC TAG Carrera Caliber 16

As a rep, it look just fine.

Inacuracies.... the subdials look wrong on the rep with them small rings running around them, and dont turn the watch around to show anyone the back as the blue screws are a dead give away!

Nice watch though ;)

I can see several flaws, but as said its a rep, and once you have it in hand you won't be able to tell.

A couple of these flaws are the 0 of 50 is crooked so is the 5, and the 5 of 15 is off a little.  If you like it, green light it :)

Edited by SSTEEL

So it is a relatively good rep? Is the second hand on Centre

Seconds are at 9 oclock, centre hand is chrono seconds.

I see Angus is putting his new machines to use.

Is that picture of the pressure test actually telling us something?

No, the chrono hand is not exactly lined up with the 12 o'clock marker, but you are looking at a highly magnified photo. If that was on your wrist 2 feet away you would not notice it.

The details pointed out here are minute and would not bother 99% of rep buyers.

Like it is always pointed out "if you want perfection buy a gen" or keep asking for replacement watches until you are happy...not us :)

Also to note, from my personal experience, the chronograph hand is spot on, its the combination of rep bezel, (no insert on your model) and chapter ring making it look off in your case.  Trust me, I know, I have compared reps to gen parts during my franken.

Think about it, the hands are set/fitted out of the case, and when fitted in the case, they are still set at 12, but as said, the chapter ring, and bezel insert are a minute detail off.

Edited by SSTEEL

I agree with ceejay and SSteel. The chrono seconds hand is so close to being spot-on that I doubt anyone would ever notice it in person. This looks like a very nice rep and if it was my money I would give it the green light. After all, if you ask for another watch it's flaws could be more pronounced and you could be forever trying to find the perfect rep (which I doubt exists, at least for now).

And you can always get them fixed at a later date if they really bother you.

Are they fixable?

Yes, replace with genuine parts (which I am in the process of), or just buy a gen watch.  You are buying a rep here my friend, you cannot expect it to be perfect.

With the right tools, and experience yes, likewise with the 0 of 50, but to be honest, once you have the watch in hand, you will then wonder what all this fuss is about, you are looking at large photos of a 36mm dial in a 43mm watch.

You have been here over two years, have you never purchased a rep before?

When did they start adding the arrows on the tag logo?

Not entirely sure on this, but I believe the white dial version has always been more accurate, its the black dial that has no arrows on the G.

I've already seen a couple of QC photos from other members. Couple of months, maybe. :)

White dial or black dial? I have a genuine dial on my franken, you sure your not confusing mine with what you have seen?

That crooked 0 of the 50 would drive me nuts, and I think is a valid reason for rejecting it.

Everything else looks lovely.

A few of the 5s are a tiny bit high but they are on my black dial PVD one and in others I looked at, so no chance of getting a dial with those correct.