When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Planet Ocean 600m 42mm

clem2192

Hi,

Well it looks like the rep bug has well and truly bitten!!

Received my first purchase Rolex Sub 16610 from Josh (Perfect Clones) last week and now on the search for my next rep.... A 42mm Omega Planet Ocean 600m.

Can anyone recommend the best rep for this model??

I have heard things about the HE valve being in the wrong position and 'Happy Feet', have these issues been rectified in the latest versions??

I know there are 2 sizes 42mm & 45.5mm but the 45.5mm is too big for my tiny wrist !!

I would like the model with the orange 12, 6 & 9 digits.

Ideally able to take gen parts so I can go the Franken route in the future should I wish to!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

R

Guest khashayar

As you perhaps know, there are 2 versions of this watch; the older model with a closed case back, and the new ceramic ones with an open one. 
Purchasing either has it pros and cons. The old one is easily frankened as gen parts are offered at for example ofrei.com. With a closed case back it's harder to tell the difference between rep and gen.
The new ones have a more shiny and durable bezel; the ceramic ones, which offer a "better" looking watch on the front IMHO. New clasp, new dial and doesn't have the issues with happy feet and the HE valve positioned wrongly.
Problem with the ceramic ones are that the gen use a Omega in-house movement, which can't be repped correctly. And since it has an open case back, the difference is of course substantial to the gen.

Here is a link for the aesthetically different models: http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/bmendick1/media/Picture007.jpg.html

Old one to the left, new one to the right.

Here is a link to Andrew (Trusty time) who sells the newer PO with the options you prefer: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=10437

Thanks for the info khashayar, much appreciated!

I am after the new ceramic bezel version as I much prefer the look of this watch.

I'll have a look at Andrew (Trusty Time) and see what he offers on the newer one.

Have you purchased one of the newer POs??

Do you know if the newer ones (TrustyTime) are interchangeable with genuine parts??

I received one of these today with the Swiss movement. Lovely, lovely watch.

If you like the look of it wait till you have it, it oozes class!

There was a for sale advert a couple of days back of a member selling a super Franken version of this watch, apparently most of the parts are interchangeable. Just the crown & HE valves/tubes need minor mods.

Just what I read.

Hi. I hope I can contribute to conversation. I was just at Trustys website and found a closed case back po 42 with no happy feet, ar, and correct according to the site he position. I am not knowledgeable enough to say that this is accurate per old specs but it is nice. So if you change your mind and want a closed back model they do have it.

For what it is worth, I just got a delivery today from Trusty. Under two weeks time, excellent communication and a beautiful time piece. I will discusss it in the appropriate forum. But trusty delivers the goods.

Guest khashayar

I received one of these today with the Swiss movement. Lovely, lovely watch.

If you like the look of it wait till you have it, it oozes class!

There was a for sale advert a couple of days back of a member selling a super Franken version of this watch, apparently most of the parts are interchangeable. Just the crown & HE valves/tubes need minor mods.

Just what I read.

But it's the UPO, right? Not the ceramic ones?

All latest planet ocean versions don't have happy feet. But they are the crucial things to look for when picking the next piece. The ceramics are not known for their ability to take gen parts (I presume movement is of a different type and height etc)

The super franken I actually was lucky enough to snap up. Pics are below.

Posted Image

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No Dealers sell them as franken pieces ootb you need to source the Gen parts and then build the piece up from there, either that or pick one up from the sales forum when they come up. 

Looks awesome Ceejay, is that from Andrew @ Trusty Time ??

Whats the sweep like on the second hand??

I bought this from another forum member. so dont know who supplied it.

As for the sweep, it's a gen ETA 2836-2 movement beating at 28,000 so it's as good as it gets ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance fellas but what do you mean by the term "happy feet" or no "happy feet" ?  only joined the forum today so aint got a clue. Cheers.

Look at the Omega logo, the two "feet" that stick out should be flat. "Happy feet" refers to Omega logos where those two feet kind of flick up.

This is Happy Feet

364910d1293245400-chinese-replicas-youtu

No Happy Feet

image46_zps439870cc.jpeg