When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Www.sashwatch.com

sashwatch

Hmmm.... girl looks less starving... and less dead... now looks more like Terminator and instead of feeling sorry for her I now feel scared like she will crush me, Bond style, with her legs...

Maybe since Josh and Andrew are working together you can work with King, I hear she would make an excellent candidate for your front page :p

Is it possible to change Egold logo so it's cleaner around the edges (matt it in white if you have to) and also around your nav links the maybe make the texture match your background... looks kind of unclean the way it is.

Nice job cleaning up the main logo though!

Edited by Devedander

• 6 months later...

Sash,

its great that you have your site up (again?) ... i really like the Ticker on the front page and the glossary v. informative... it just seems a little bare ... i can't put my finger on it but it doesn't look like it is making the most of of the space.... just my two pence ...

R

I never really saw your old website so can't really compare but here are my comments:

- Seems like a poor use of space as everything's centred in the middle of my browser window with a huge empty area on either side. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

- Your font is very, very small. I have Firefox default to a minimum of 12 point font on all websites which is enough to make everything perfectly readable on my high-resolution monitor. I can read your text but it is fairly tiny considering that I am 27 years old with pretty good vision. Might not be the best thing for people with poor eyesight.

- I like your FAQ and S/H info. Very detailed and descriptive. However, I do not see any mention of what payment methods you accept (I admit that I may simply have missed it). It is my opinion that this information is absolutely necessary as it is a large part of my purchasing decision. I'm willing to bet that the same goes for some other people.

- I do not like that your Photobucket album is a javascript pop-up. I really, really do not like that. I'd prefer if it opened in a new window or tab. I have my Firefox browser set up to open everything i.e. pop-ups in a new tab rather than a whole new browser window. Somehow, your javascript ignores that (which is weird because it works fine on pretty much all other websites). I actually copied the link address, pasted it into my address window and edited it so it would open in the same page. But I guess that's a personal thing.

- This may be your personal philosophy (and I know lots of other dealers do it) in order to stay under the radar and what not, but I dislike not seeing prices on things. I dislike it enough to just not bother contacting the dealer and going back and forth with "How much is X? getting a response and then "What about Y?" and so on and so forth. This is not such a problem when an individual knows that they want one specific watch but if shopping around (and changing your mind) it becomes a bit of a pain and a deterrent to buying when the shopping experience becomes a hassle. Some are willing to deal with that to get the best price but if I'm busy, then I'm just gonna say screw it and buy from a dealer who makes the process painless even if it costs more money.

I know this may not matter to you and your business model and some may feel like telling me that if it's such a bother to just use another dealer (which is fine by me) but thought I'd mention it so you can get a potential customer's perspective. I'm sure that you're quite aware that it would save you a lot of time as well. :)

So that my "criticism" is constructive, I'd like to suggest that you make available a downloadable or online price list on your main website since I can understand not wanting to include that information in your Photobucket album. It would be relatively easy to cross reference the two and make for a much more painless shopping experience. So let's say that I see a VC Overseas on your album, I can just check the price on your website.

So there's my $0.02

[edit]

Forgot one thing.

You say on your website that, "We are in the midst of upgrading our site, visit our photo album for our products."

Does this mean that you are going to have a fully functional website similar to the other dealers and the Photobucket album is just temporary?

[/edit]

Edited by Jumbie

Does this mean that you are going to have a fully functional website similar to the other dealers and the Photobucket album is just temporary?

the answer is YES... the member area page is available.. but it is offline now, under massive construction..

PS: thank you for the feed back..cheers

A couple of comments: The scrolling text at the top moves too fast IMO, hard to read. Also, your FAQ: looks like it is an exact copy of the FAQ from bluefakes or one of those sites. And with the FAQ, the questions at the top come up purple on my monitor - very hard to read. It may just be because of the background color, not sure there.

Otherwise I like it, the black background looks good.

OMG, you cant pleased everyone... maybe i try a flying text in the future.. cheers

Didnt mean to offen you, just commenting. Why not just have plain text or sign or something. For some reason scrolling text screams "cheap" to me and something a lot of early to mid 90s web sites did. But that's just my opinion. I would still purchase from you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback always helps, what you want is customers, what your selling mainly is watches, that needs to be your focus. Also you need to let your customers what will set you apart from other sites. Something to keep them coming back. So you will obviously need to have a review as a type of feedback, popular items, maybe relative media (for those who want to look like celebs, like with the bond watches among others).

The header image is fine as it is. About the prices definitely good idea to have some price ideas.

Maybe set the site up using shopping cart. Makes things much easier to manage in my opinion.

more to come.

Keep up the good work!