When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stubborn bracelet adjustment screws on PO

clem2192

Hi,

Recently purchased an Omega PO (42mm) from one of the TD on the forum. 

It arrived yesterday and everything is spot on apart from the bracelet adjusting screws, due to my ultra skinny wrists I need to remove 3 links however the screws on one side of the bracelet will not budge.

I have managed to remove the 3 links from one side but now I have the problem where the clasp is not central on my wrist !! :bangin:

Before I go back to the TD with the problem are there any tips I can try to shift the stubborn screws ??

I'm worried that they may have been cross threaded in the factory or something !!

Would WD40 be any use ??

Cheers

R

6.5" wrist so plenty experience here.

I use a lubricant/solvent called Liquid Wrench.

Soak the offending screws/links overnight, then use jewellers screwdriver - make sure the blade tip is correct size -that is, blade tip fits screw edge to edge < very important.

Tap the screwdriver end a few times with hammer while blade is in screw, to try and break the seal. Sometimes factories use clear lacquer to seal screw ends (!!!)

Then get a good grip and SLOWLY but forcefully try to turn the screw.

If that fails, take to watchsmith, but, I have had some scratch the bracelet sides by the time they get screw out. They don't give a rats ass about that.