When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Average cost of service?

shootersimms

I'd say you repair or service that watch you really love.  I can see the point of not spending a fortune if you can buy a new  rep watch for alittle more, but sometimes that watch is not available anymore. On the other hand, I think spending $ 100 servicing  an ETA iwatch s not that out of consideration, since the same service would cost you $ 200 or more if the watch is a gen like a Longines, Omega or the like.

I'd say you repair or service that watch you really love.  I can see the point of not spending a fortune if you can buy a new  rep watch for alittle more, but sometimes that watch is not available anymore. On the other hand, I think spending $ 100 servicing  an ETA iwatch s not that out of consideration, since the same service would cost you $ 200 or more if the watch is a gen like a Longines, Omega or the like.

I agree.

Almost all reps are going to need serviced at some point in time. Some sooner than others, but if you keep replacing them when they fail it won't be long until you've spent way more than the cost of servicing.