When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to confirm gen crystal?

Erict719

I know there should be a bevel. mine has a very very thin bevel just at the edged. But on other gen, I see the bevel is thicker.

please advice some close up pics iod the gen crystal bevel, or close up of Clark's crystal edge .

I want to identify my crystal , since it doesn't have LECpost-41548-0-89909800-1375171195_thumb.jpost-41548-0-12512000-1375171222_thumb.j

Edited by Erict719

The bevel on the side should be nicely curved and not sharp and should be very clear on the sides not foggy. It's a lot easier to see if it has LEC

My side is clear, just don't think if my bevel is Wat u guys are saying. it's not a thick bevel, as thin as hair I would say.. It is barely noticeable .

is gen bevel very easy spot??

By the way does gen crystal show rainbow under light

Edited by Erict719

Unless you have a known gen on hand to make a direct comparison, the best way to tell is by the cyclops magnification. The gen is 2.5x (so the date windows fills most of the cyclops when viewed directly) while most aftermarkets are 2x or less.

As always, your best guarantee is to buy the seller before you click the buy button.

• Like 1

Unless you have a known gen on hand to make a direct comparison, the best way to tell is by the cyclops magnification. The gen is 2.5x (so the date windows fills most of the cyclops when viewed directly) while most aftermarkets are 2x or less.

As always, your best guarantee is to buy the seller before you click the buy button.

True, but be careful how you apply that logic.

Magnification = Cyclops strength + rehaut depth + standoff.

So you can use this to compare two crystals side by side. But, in the wild, my shallow rehaut on my Gen Explorer II has a very weak magnification of the actual date wheel. In fact, the reps were over magnified creating a tell or conversely people thinking my gen was fake. Compare that to the old top hat crystal on a 1680. The extra height of the crystal standoff + rehaut makes the 1680 Sub the most magnified DW ever.

• Like 1