When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tool bench help

panermaniac

Freddy,

My eyes are not good, and this works so well. For such little money, it's a great thing to have.

If I could take movement pictures you'd understand. Everything stays still and focused, unlike a loupe.

There's plenty of room to work underneath it too. I soldered a tiny remote keychain circuit board last week for a friend.

It would have been impossible for me with a loupe.

Excellent, thanks again, will keep my eyes peeled.

I found an article discussing Stereo Microscopes and this one by Brunel received a favourable write-up.

The link to the stereo microscope is: http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/stereomicroscopes.html

post-54684-0-26442800-1375736805_thumb.j

• Like 1

That one looks good. My eyepieces are each 10x the scope is 7x to 35x and during research that's what the watchmakers on the forums reccomended. The field is large too, seems like its around 6-8" across when in use. There's usually from 2" to 4" underneath between say a movement and the bottom of the scope to work in. I'm searching for the adapter for cameras. I'd like to figure a way to mount my iPhone :)

As I mention before I bought a boom that was a little expensive. Mostly so I could swing it out of the way, my desk is pretty small. I have got to clean this mess...it's been months since I've used this lol

null_zpsb577cc33.jpg

• Like 1

That field seems perfect for the levels of magnification. It's the best of both worlds.

Gosh, yes. I too have a daily struggle to keep my working desk clear of bits-and-bobs!

The moveable boom was a great idea, it may have been pricey but then the practicality of being able to easily swing it out of the way when desired makes the cost worth it.

As for a camera adaptor, I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but I've read that they work wonderfully.

It's a Bresser Digital Microscope. Bresser are a good quality German firm and their basic model only costs £40. It's feels a little cheap and plasticky however it takes pictures and videos up to 30 seconds long.

post-54684-0-51879700-1375740089_thumb.j

• Like 1

Great stuff!

At Uni we used scanning electron microscope. That was fun!

Thats another cheap USB microscope. I have never used one.

post-52132-0-96709800-1375741009_thumb.j

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veho-VMS-001-20-200x-Magnification-Microscope/dp/B001ACKIUO/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Seems like a good idea to have the zoomed picture on Your screen instead looking through ocular, it gets tired after while.

• Like 1

Whenever I get resettled ill look into that. It looks like at deal for that price.

I turned away from most digital scopes most are really cheapo USB things...that one your showing appears to be solid hardware too.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

That one looks good. My eyepieces are each 10x the scope is 7x to 35x and during research that's what the watchmakers on the forums recommended.

Which watchmaker forums could you recommend me mate?

Very nice Mike, impressive set up.  Mine will hopefully be similar, I have two full size office desks in an L-Shape though in a corner of our large living room.

Thanks for these mate :)

Its a wooden carving of an old Nokia phone believe it or not, and is custom made to accept a Nokia N97 to fit in the front of it.  It's one of many of the odd ball thing I got whilst writing for Nokia :)

• Like 1

A big thanks to woof, Mike and Steel for the photos!

and Benjamin, here's another of those stereo microscopes for way cheaper, it's "only" 20X though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AmScope-20X-Stereo-Binocular-Microscope-Boom-Arm-Light-/400548206853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d42889905

That's a great link, thanks for that. Even at 20x zoom the price is very good!

Ok, just wondering about an obvious answer to this problem of all the good deals in the US.

Would any of our well known US friends here be willing to let me ship an eBay purchase to them, and then ship it to me in the good 'ol UK?

This would be for a B&L stereoZoom4, refurbished inc stand so wouldn't be light or small, I'm not sure how much US > UK postage would be?

MD2020? MOAB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2