When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty time sub opinion and contact

mahalo123

Anyone have the email address for the trusty time guy? The one on his site does not work. I was considering buying the item listed below. I would like to know if it is water resistant at all to at least swim in the pool? Thanks in advance

ROLSUB090A - 116600 Black Submariner Asian 2813

$168.00

The 116610 Submariner!!! Ultimate Supreme Version!!! Superlume in Blue!!! Best Ceramic Bezel ever Made with the Blackest Black (Not Grey Black like Earlier Versions) and Glass Cladded over Pearl as per the Genuine.... New Alpha Numeric Series.... This is made with Reference to the Genuine 116610 SS Submariner Watch... External Dimension is 1 : 1 against the Genuine... All Parts are interchangeable with Genuine....

MOVEMENT: Asian 2813-2 Automatic Movement

CASE DIAMETER: 40.5mm

THICKNESS: 13mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial, Superlume (Blue) Dot Markers and Needles

CASE MATERIAL: SS New Oversize Case, Solid 316F stainless steel

BRACELET: Brushed SS New Style Oyster Bracelet, Correct New Rolesor Clasp Oyster/Diver extension with Serial number inscribed on end links

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal, Same Thickness and Height above Bezel as per the Genuine (2.5 Mag)

BACK GLASS: Solid case back with Hollogram

BEZEL: Ceramic Sandwich Numeral Bezel with Glass Clad Blue Lume Pearl Dot, 120 Clicks Uni-directional

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: New Rolesor Clasp

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistent

Engraved ROLEXROLEX on rehaut with ALPHA NUMERIC serial numbers

Same Chasis as per the Swiss Model... Only Difference is the Movement

QC PICTURES FOR VIEWING <<--- CLICK HERE

Water resistence is a crap shoot. Could be OK/ could not, there are some models out there with dealer claims of 30 and I believe 50 meters but I take those with a grain of salt also. They are usually more expensive than a 168 price point ,but you never know..............

I would think unless the actual watch you receive is defective, you should be good to go.

Of course, local watch shop/pressure test before swimming advised, but the design should be waterproof.

On second thought, I know absolutely zero about the latest modern Rolex series. :) lol.

Wanna borrow my Seadweller?

89D833EB-1877-4C39-9055-3B6BAB745FBE-288

I purchased a blue dial submariner from Andrew, it was around 300$ with shipping.  I also had similar concerns about whether the watch would be water proof.  I've had the watch for about 1-1.5 months now, and I can tell you I shower with it every day and I just came back from a 2 week europe vacation where I was swimming in the sea and in the pool daily with the watch on.  It works fine and I had no issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

Reeves

For the most part they should be pretty good, I always test a diver before swimming with it and I haven't found one that I can't swim with yet. I dunk the watch in near boiling water to watch for bubbles coming from the case back or around the crystal. If you have access to pressure testing I would definitely recommend that route. 

Thanks for the replies... I emailed andrew his response was the ones over 200 dollars are waterproofed at factory and says so in the listing. all the listings say water resistant. that was the genesis of my question. It would make sense to me for light swimming they should all be ok... thanks again guys.

The issues I did have with the watch though just to give you a heads up is that the bezel lume dot fell off about 3 days after I started wearing the watch, I emailed Andrew and he promptly sent me another one though right away, I just received this in the mail but I'm really not sure how to install it yet.

Also, the watch has a really awesome micro adjust feature on the bracelet. However, one of the screws somehow came partly undone and is now stuck in the inside groove of the micro adjust feature, which is preventing me from using the feature.  I'm not sure if my explanation is doing justice to the probem but if anyone has any clue how to fix this please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!