When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What happened to Uwe?!?

torule

Hey guys,

Is anyone in touch with Uwe or knows if he's still active and accepts jobs?!

For those who don't know Uwe.. He's a German watchmaker (modder if you will) from Dortmund and worked on this

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/157009-dlc-ap-diver-v3/

for example!

I tried to contact him but nothing yet?! If anyone knew about his whereabouts or could advice me on how to contact him, I'd be very thankful.

As far as I know Uwe is still active. I met him end of june in Dortmund at home and he's still working on modding and repairing watches.

Just try his homepage www.sweetwatches.de

Sent from my iPhone using Tupperware

That's the first bad feedback I've heard about Uwe... Everything I've had from him is top draw. And he's just as much the gentleman.

Well, I really wish I could say the same.

The worst thing in all this mess is that I have met Uwe in person and even considered him a friend. But his actions (or rather failure to act) has changed my perspective dramatically. A gentleman does not keep a friend's watch and then just disappear in my book.

And believe me, I am the extremely patient kind of guy. The last thing I heard from him directly was that some problems had arised with the watch which would cause a couple of weeks extra delay and that he did not want any payment for his work because of it all. But knowing that shit can happen and being fully aware about his health situation I told him I had no problem waiting and insisted on paying him - as I am a firm advocate on putting health first no matter what. And that was the 2nd of April 2012.. :vava:

Well, I really wish I could say the same.

The worst thing in all this mess is that I have met Uwe in person and even considered him a friend. But his actions (or rather failure to act) has changed my perspective dramatically. A gentleman does not keep a friend's watch and then just dissapear in my book.

And believe me, I am the extremely patient kind of guy. The last thing I heard from him directly was that some problems had arised with the watch which would cause a couple of weeks extra delay and that he did not want any payment for his work because of it all. But knowing that [censored] can happen and being fully aware about his health situation I told him I had no problem waiting and insisted on paying him - as I am a firm advocate on putting health first no matter what. And that was the 2nd of April 2012.. :vava:

Sorry to hear this, I hope you can resolve you're issues with him and get you're watch back!

Try posting on homage forum, I'm sure that would open up new doors and definitely help you're situation, that's all I can suggest to help :)

I never heard of him before, Was really glad to see he's from EU! Then I saw Modelizer's post, I'm not going to contact him anymore. One bad review like that is a no go for me :huh:

@Modelizer, I hope you got your watch or otherwise the money back!

Thanks for your support J. The answer is both yes and no. Not the 3717-04 franken which I have a strong feeling you are referring to. It's my 3717-02 (Spitfire) with Swiss 7750, a couple of gen parts and a custom made croc strap.

Well thats not nice, as a friend and everything :( he should know better!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Here's an update:

Finally got my stuff back after involving a mutual friend of ours (a moderator here) and me asking Uwe to send all my stuff to him. Without his help I am sure I would still be ignored and would have to fly down to Dortmund to pick it up myself (which i would have - no way I will let myself get screwed over like this). In fact he did not even bother answering my last email asking him to send the stuff to the moderator. Not even a "OK, stuff sent, sorry about all this" - nothing.. Such class act after all this time - and never once have I been rude to him in any way during our communication and I did not send him hundreds of emails pressuring him - only like once every three months (maximum) kindly and patiently asking for a status update.. Unreal..

Anyways.. According to our mutual moderator friend (extremely trustworthy and horological skilled person) the dial and hands is now damaged and needs to be replaced. And the case back has been worked on - to cover up tool marks I guess.

To sum it all up as a little "review"/ feedback on this modding/ luming experience of mine with Uwe/ caruwe/ finedd/ Sweetwatches/ Urentechnik Regelmann:

Was the work satisfactory? Nope

Was his communication satisfactory? Nope

Was the work carried out in a timely fashion? Nope

Will I use his "services" again? Nope

Would I recommend his "services" to anyone else? Nope

So my warning to you all still stands. There are far better and trustworthy modders out there..

If a Mod of this forum was involved on this to get your things back, then i think this mod should do a "sticker" so everyone see that UW is NOT trusted and members shouldent send stuff to him!

Agree?

If a Mod of this forum was involved on this to get your things back, then i think this mod should do a "sticker" so everyone see that UW is NOT trusted and members shouldent send stuff to him!

Agree?

Well, to my knowledge he has never been a trusted modder officially here so I fail to see why a sticky action from the moderating team should be necessary. Unless we have a whole "warning section" where we list all problematic people with no "direct" relationship to the forum that is.

Sorry I don't want to be an ass and I feel very sorry to all people who have problems with him.

However as I said, I had best experience with him, only about 2 weeks ago.

Maybe it's just because I only had one dial relumed.

Of course there are sunshine stories with Uwe as well - no doubt about that. But there is a reason why he has been banned and had his sections closed on the other forums. And what separates someone trusted from the other bunch in my book is what kind of actions they take when shit happens (which we all know can every once in a while during modding). And in Uwe's case he chose to stick his head in the sand when my dial and hands got screwed up and just wished it all to just go away.

Was he too proud to admit or felt ashamed about what happened? Beats me - but I think he should at least have the courtesy to not leave me hanging without a word for 16 months and counting.. And my warning is that if it happened to me - it can most definitely happen to anyone else too. Simple as that. And everyone are free to do as they please with that advice.

Well, to my knowledge he has never been a trusted modder officially here so I fail to see why a sticky action from the moderating team should be necessary. Unless we have a whole "warning section" where we list all problematic people with no "direct" relationship to the forum that is.

Of course there are sunshine stories with Uwe as well - no doubt about that. But there is a reason why he has been banned and had his sections closed on the other forums. And what separates someone trusted from the other bunch in my book is what kind of actions they take when [censored] happens (which we all know can every once in a while during modding). And in Uwe's case he chose to stick his head in the sand when my dial and hands got screwed up and just wished it all to just go away.

Was he too proud to admit or felt ashamed about what happened? Beats me - but I think he should at least have the courtesy to not leave me hanging without a word for 16 months and counting.. And my warning is that if it happened to me - it can most definitely happen to anyone else too. Simple as that. And everyone are free to do as they please with that advice.

I totally understand and appreciate your post, it made me think whether I should contact him in the future for different type of mods.

I've been looking for someone with a lot of experience with reluming, and he was the only one whose lume work I really liked (since The Zigmeister didn't accept any new customers).

I totally understand and appreciate your post, it made me think whether I should contact him in the future for different type of mods.

I've been looking for someone with a lot of experience with reluming, and he was the only one whose lume work I really liked (since The Zigmeister didn't accept any new customers).

Google relume and i think you can find many companys/private guys that can do it!

Google relume and i think you can find many companys/private guys that can do it!

haha you're so funny :acute: NOT

I asked here on the forum and Uwe was recommended. I've been in contact with 3 dial companies and 4 modders in Europe... I decided to contact him and that was a good decision his work was marvelous.

Edith: let it put me this way; if someone asked me for a relume guy I'd recommend him, if someone needed a watchmaker/modder then probably not.

Edited by 1680