When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why such limited reps of jlc?

strinos

Hey everyone

It seems to me that the selection of quality jaeger le coultre reps is very limited? Anybody have any insight as to why?

I would bet that good reps of jlc's would really sell.

Maybe I'm mistaken and they are out there. If so, anybody know where I can grab a rep of the following?

http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Jaeger-LeCoultre/Tribute-to-Deep-Sea-Chronograph/206.85.70.html

Thanks

John

It may very well be available, but just not popular enough for most sellers to stock. I would inquire of a few of the sellers here to see if they can source it for you. Otherwise, search google & keep your fingers crossed that you do not get ripped off by a rouge rep dealer.

OK.  I'll be on the lookout for a transvestite rep dealer.  (Sorry, your typo was too tempting)  Actually, the prize JLC, I think, would be a good rendering of a Reverso, say the 1931 Tribute, for instance.  Just not enough interest in it but surely one of the most iconic watches ever.

Have you tried one of the trusted dealers which openly offers "B grade" reps, like Watch Eden? People like Trusty, Perfect Clones and Puretime mainly market themselves in the 300-800 dollar watches and don't openly display hundreds of a21j cheapies like Watch Eden does.

I'm not saying you should be hasty and settle for a complete piece of garbage watch but you could at least look there and see what he has.

EDIT: it took me about 30 seconds to discover that Watch Eden has 100 Reverso models for sale.

http://www.watcheden.net/reverso--41--2060--------60--1.html

I agree, it is a pity that almost all of the good reps are of sports style diving watches.  The few dress watches that are repped are often 38mm watches, where the rep is 42mm.  A good reverso rep would be nice to find.  Also reps of other dress watches which do not have display case backs.