When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Rolex Question

daryn23

Hello

I have been looking at the vintage subs and seadwellers on TSWatch Ltd and have a question. On the dial at the bottom, some say swiss made, some say swiss T< something and some have nothing. Which is most accurate? I have looked on google and seems the double reds all have the T< thing but other than that i'm confused!

SWISS indicates that Radium was used (untill about 1960) after that Rolex used Tritium, here you will find different variations: SWISS T < 25 (sport models like the 5513, 1680, 1016) or T Swiss T (Datejust, Daytona).

Then for a short period they used Luminova on old service dials with T<25 text, then they had just SWISS (1998-2000) and then SWISS MADE, both with (Superluminova).

Some people will tell you that Rolex used Luminova (1998-2000) and then changed to Superluminova, but I don't believe that there is a difference. Luminova was developed by Nemoto Ltd & Co in Japan, it is destributed as Superluminova and Tritec is a partner of Nemoto in Europe, they formed a joint-venture and Super-Luminova is destributed by Luminova SA in Switzerland.

But to answer you're question: a DRSD should have a SWISS T < 25 text.

Edited by 1680

• 2 weeks later...