When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New watch, well new to me at least...

jpz5142

Just got it in the mail yesterday, nice watch with very nice wrist presence.  I have been wanting one of these since Nikki6 posted pics of his a while back.  I could not swing for the chrono like his but instead fell in love with this GMT with carbon fiber.  This is a nice attempt at a sports watch from what I think of as a fashion watch maker.  Nice size at 44mm, nice beefy bracelet, 200m water resistance, huge screw down crown and loads of carbon fiber.  The dial is really simple and lacks the clutter some have.  Lume is nice and I like that they put the date at 4:30 so to not disrupt the pattern of the indices.  The chapter ring has 120 tick marks for minutes plus half minutes with the luminous rectangle markers at every five minutes with non-luminous Arabic 12 and 6 numerals. The bezel on this and the Nabucco "dive watch" are fixed, that helped make my mind up to get the GMT.  

post-37023-0-52164900-1376260495_thumb.j

post-37023-0-13650600-1376260519_thumb.j

jpz are the links smooth or the carbon fiber basket weave look hard to tell.

The links are actually five pieces, two brushed outer pieces, two polished pieces that flank the center carbon fiber.  It looks and feels like actual carbon fiber as opposed to an overlay, and it is a 90 deg angle weave pattern.  The carbon fiber does not compose the entire mid link, only the top portion.  The portion next to the wrist is SS, imagine two "C" sections  [ ] that are put together.  It is bigger like an oyster link but pivots very much like a president band, so it is very conforming to the wrist and quite comfortable.  

post-37023-0-03113600-1376262664_thumb.j

post-37023-0-48021300-1376262682_thumb.j

post-37023-0-90644100-1376262698_thumb.j