When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Discussions At Rwi - Re Banners And 5 Star Dealers

fotoman

A couple of years ago I did a google search to research what brand James Bond was wearing in the latest flick. Through my clicking I ended up on several forums and replika sites that discussed and offered beautiful watches. I joined a few of them and asked the normal questions 'who had the best sub'. After being slammed as usual I finally started to read and research what I was trying to do. Now, a few years later, I sit here as a suppporter with plenty of great quality timepieces and knowledge. I still consider myself a newbie and don't know a great deal about the internals of our movements, but I am learning.

When I first joined the forum a while back I thought I joined one forum and then something changed... and I guess I ended up on another forum? I still don't know what happened nor have I asked any questions of why. Recently I have noticed more and more, that some members are posting links to other forums which I do follow and read. I am not sure if this is good or bad as I see the 'tension' between our sites. Furthermore, I do notice that 'some' members of this forum cross 'other' forums all the time, and 'some' members don't cross at all. I hope I am not asking the wrong question but 'A long time ago' were we all friends in the same forum?

For some reason I tend to stick to this board. Members here are mostly nice and polite and usually answer PM's in a nice manner, even though I know they don't have to. In the end, I really like it here. Either way, back to my point. I agree with the first poster on management of dealers.

//Cheers :D

I missed a good portion of it cause i was "gone" when the transition happened, but the quick and the dirty is this

TRC - the oldest forum, still intact - more hardcore hobbyists - is their motto, not as much traffic as RWG1 or this one.

RWG - lots of traffic, many of us were there - Blade, owner, disappeard for a long time, left crucial aspects un-attended to the board had issues. there are also lots of other issues relating to blade, i haven't gotten myself up on all the details, but there out there if you search

That forum spawned RWG.cc and RWI (the dark side) Many members cross back and forth, i think of all of them 90% have a "home" and just check back and forth for the few dealers that aren't on the other - and sometimes watches are for sale that don't appear on the other.

RWG.cc appears to be the most popular forum definatly has the most traffic.

I have no quams with the folks over there - to each his own, plenty of people to maintain seperate forums. I post links to other forums when its very informative like puretime talking about the new breitlings or someone with an AR breakthrough

almost all the "important" stuff makes its way around pretty quick.

the style over on RWI is differnt - different graphics, different rules about avatars and signatures, everything is black and they have raffels every 29 minutes

Thats the basics - RWG is home for me, most of my friends from old RWG are here and lots of new great friends.

I think this thread has been very positive, i don't see it as a negative - i think this has been a good debate.

Looks like RWG is going to hang tuff with its current setup and i think thats great

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like RWG is going to hang tuff with its current setup and i think thats great

Pho,

We will certainly "hang tough" as far as promoting one dealer against another......however the "current setup" may see a number of graphical and forum changes..in the not to distant future :whistling:

Offshore