When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bob Vertigo Vs. Regular Bob Vs. Don

ZainoDetail

Looking for opinions on quality of the standard bob and don straps vs. the Bob Vertigo line.

I'd like to pick up a couple straps but I'm primarily looking for black and it doesn't look like there's any black Bob vertigo straps currently available.

Are the standard vintage calf bob straps close in quality to the vertigo straps or is there a significant difference, and how do the standard bob straps match up against Don's standard calf straps which seem to be similarly priced.

Thanks for any input.

For me there is a big difference between the two lines...

The Vertigo are amazing quality straps for a considerable lower price than the other high wuality straps around.

The stadard calf are well..standard and great value... same as Don's.

For me there is a big difference between the two lines...

The Vertigo are amazing quality straps for a considerable lower price than the other high wuality straps around.

The stadard calf are well..standard and great value... same as Don's.

Maybe you can help me futher. I've recieved several reps and have yet to really like any of the PAM straps that I've recieved.

I got a black crok. look strap with white stiching from Joshua that is the best of the ones that I currently own, it's pleanty thick but it's almost hard like plastic and very hard to shape even after being on my wrist for a few months now. Got a brown strap from him on another watch that again had decent thickness but is even worse when it comes to comfort becuase it doesn't have any flexibility to it. The Carbon strap that came on my 212 rep is super thin and cheap feeling though much more comfortable but almost too flimsy.

So what I'm looking for is a nice calf stap (don't really care much for the exotic materials) that has good thickness but isn't hard like cardboard and inflexible. Are the standard straps more like what I've already got and the Vertigo what I'm likely looking for? Or are the standard bob straps still steps ahead from the current bands that I have?

Andy

Maybe you can help me futher. I've recieved several reps and have yet to really like any of the PAM straps that I've recieved.

I got a black crok. look strap with white stiching from Joshua that is the best of the ones that I currently own, it's pleanty thick but it's almost hard like plastic and very hard to shape even after being on my wrist for a few months now. Got a brown strap from him on another watch that again had decent thickness but is even worse when it comes to comfort becuase it doesn't have any flexibility to it. The Carbon strap that came on my 212 rep is super thin and cheap feeling though much more comfortable but almost too flimsy.

So what I'm looking for is a nice calf stap (don't really care much for the exotic materials) that has good thickness but isn't hard like cardboard and inflexible. Are the standard straps more like what I've already got and the Vertigo what I'm likely looking for? Or are the standard bob straps still steps ahead from the current bands that I have?

Andy

I can help you Andy..

First of all throw all the rep straps you have.. they are cheap plastic crap.

BOB's standard straps are definately better than the rep straps.

BUT what you want is definately BOB's vertigo line.. Very (extremely soft) but yet very thick and good quality leather. Get one and you won't regret it.