When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Wheel Alignment

vlydog

Having never attempted this on my own...

Is there any micro adjustment when positioning a date wheel on a 1570 movement?

My date numerals seem to sit closer to the bottom of the date window than the top.

Just has some movement work done and I' m not sure that I noticed this before.

Or, is there a fixed position as it sets on the movement and my slight OCD is kicking in?

Thank you for looking and for your responses.

But Freddy, I don't have any 1570 experience (but a lot of ETA and DG), but there is a date jumper part (#7955?) on a 1570 with a little stud that rides between the teeth of the date wheel.  On an ETA movement if the date jumper spring (#2784) is weak or worn, the date won't flip correctly or crisply and the date can be off in the window because of the spring.  Couldn't this be the case on a 1570?

"Is there any micro adjustment when positioning a date wheel on a 1570 movement?"

Yes. The end of the little spring with the rounded tip on it that locates the calendar disc (proper name = date jumper) has an eccentric screw made on the end. There is a small screwdriver slot in the end of the jumper to adjust the dw up and down a few degrees.

Look at a clear picture or a movement and you can see the slot in the date jumper tip.