When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

obris morgan explorer strap options

mellons

i thought it would be interesting to see what other strap options there are out there for the obris morgan explorer. Here are a few combos I tried myself to kick off. If you have others please post!

from initial images it looked so well on the bracelet I thought it had been designed for it.

On receipt straight away I opted for the oem rubber, my default fav for a dive watch. The supplied rubber is no isofrane but it is the equal to similar offerings by helson/ armida imho

photo4_zps53c0dffc.jpg

photo3_zps0ed3e997.jpg

photo2_zpse4a80c35.jpg

I then tried it on a waterproof sharkie (budda jones strap modded by dow) with sewn-in pre-v sterile buckle. Very comfortable

ob2_zps1054d06c.jpg

ob3_zps6b348ebb.jpg

ob1_zps2c0190c2.jpg

ob4_zps1c954ed3.jpg

Then back to a natural rubber strap- a bonetto cinturini. Very comfortable and weighed in at only 113g

ombc1_zps7367932e.jpg

ombc2_zps01ab9316.jpg

ombc3_zps78c5acb5.jpg

finally i went back to the bracelet. Here it is sized for 7.5" wrist. The bracelet has chunky screw-pins and it brings the combined wright up towards 200g. Fit and finish is great,  signed clasp etc. Quality on a par with strapcode etc. Looks super- a dress tool diver! All in an amazing offering for under $300- I keep comparing this to armida/ helson etc. Bezel action is similar to my old helson sharkmaster and dial/ hands look great. Accuracy is within + 10 secs per day.

omem1_zps8d225856.jpg

omem2_zpsa4e1ad74.jpg

omem3_zps47ac8169.jpg

omem4_zpsef09a1c1.jpg