When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blackbird versions?

ramviksrille

Ive been looking to buy a blackbird for a while now. 2 years or so, Now im getting closer.  The two versions available cost $268 and 368$ They have the same specs as far as i can se. Do anybody have a clue about the differences?

Maybe its just one dealer trying to get attention and finally time for me to pull the trigger so i can tell you what its all about?

unsure about versions but from i heard, the black dial with the brushed case is no longer in production

you must be looking @ the polished case that was released later, also with a different caseback

Yes, true. The dealer selling @ $268 says he only have the blue dial version available another says he got the black @ 368.

Il try to get one of them.

which one has the brushed finish ?

None anymore as far as i can se and if i understand this correctly the brushed one is not manufactured anymore.

I had some doubt about that since the brushed one would have been a very nice combination of bling and rough looks. But since i sold my B01 i need some shine and this will be just fine. I can always make it brushed at a later stage if i need even though it takes some energy.

I paid for Toros black $268 version. I am very intruiged by the $100 difference with the bb everybody else sells. Lets hope its just Toro wanting to push his reputation up a big and not a huge difference in a negative way.

• 2 weeks later...

even though the original blackbird rep isn't replimaniacally accurate, it's one of the best Breitling reps...the brushed bracelet is awesome...been a long while since one has come up on the sales threads, but if it does, it's worth snatching up...

• 1 month later...

Well. Got the bb and messed up the keyless, bought toros last special one. Only leather on that one. Got it and sent for service. So pics will have to wait. Il se if i find any of the first one before i killed it.

sux to hear

how'd the keyless go off ?

fWiW the dual DWs flip when ya turn the crown COUNTER-clockwise

It's nearly impossible to mess up the Keyless on a 7750...

I believe you are one of the ten or so watch repair people ive emailed about this :notworthy: Busy these days?

Since "people" talk about the keyless to be the source of error when trying to set the date at the wrong position and messing up things i only assumed it was just that.

Maybe its more sensitive in some way because of the big date complication.

After opening it up and having a quick visual i removed the stem and put it back in. Since i have done this successfully at several occasions on less complicated 7750s when playing with lume i didn't expect it to end up like this. When i put it back in it didn't grab any gear at all, Nothing :1a: (maybe its better to blame the assembly personnel  :innocent: )

Here is what it looks like after i messed it up.

IMAG0076_zpsb4a9c75a.jpg

Some at arrival quick qc photos.

P1030017_zps2bdd1672.jpg

IMAG0068_zps82636da8.jpg

IMAG0067_zps4f93ea7e.jpg

as a rule i avoid changing the date using the quick set with these dual DWs, i was told they were a hit-or-miss proposition from the get-go

in fact when i pick up a watch to wear it's on or just after the date of the month, that way i don't have to risk screwing it up

Yet if the dual DWs get stuck, pull the crown to the time-setting position and go backwards .... as far as 6 pm the previous day, and they'll right themselves

Does this new version have a bi directional bezel?

No.

as a rule i avoid changing the date using the quick set with these dual DWs, i was told they were a hit-or-miss proposition from the get-go

in fact when i pick up a watch to wear it's on or just after the date of the month, that way i don't have to risk screwing it up

Yet if the dual DWs get stuck, pull the crown to the time-setting position and go backwards .... as far as 6 pm the previous day, and they'll right themselves

Thanks. I will not give up on it just yet. Since i hopefully got another one serviced and working fine soon i can focus on this one again. I was out of energy at the time and put it back in the watch compartment.

• 1 month later...

Well. I finally got the watch back from service. It cost some $900 including this damaged one to get it serviced on my arm. Not worth it when looking back but wtf, now its done and i know the procedure.

I also know that second hands that move erratic might still do so after service and need other more expensive attention than the "standard" service. So if you need issues like that corrected, remember to notify your Watchmaker about it.

IMAG1975_zpsidete2ik.jpg

Edited by ramviksrille

Well. I finally got the watch back from service. It cost some $900 including this damaged one to get it serviced on my arm. Not worth it when looking back but wtf, now its done and i know the procedure.

I also know that second hands that move erratic might still do so after service and need other more expensive attention than the "standard" service. So if you need issues like that corrected, remember to notify your Watchmaker about it.

IMAG1975_zpsidete2ik.jpg

You payed 900usd for a service of a 268 usd watch????????

Why not get another watch then, or 3 for parts...

• Like 1

One was serviced. The other one i messed up and still haven't repaired because noone wanted to guarantee they could fix it. That's why I bought the second one.

Of the 7 forum watchmakers i sent inqueries to 4 answered and one didn't have any problems with the bigdate complication.

That extra module was something most didn't want to service. If parts was needed they wasn't sure they could get them.

A proper service on a 7750 with complications by a certified watchmaker around here cost somewhere over $750 if they even want to touch the Asian movements so for me it's a good price.

$750 for a service ? well at least you have free healthcare :D

Ye, right. That also suck these days. We are saving like crazy to stay out of the crises many other countries are fighting. But if you are lucky and manage to convince them you need it you have the chance to get first class healthcare.