When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem With Installing Gen Tube On Submariner

So i retapped the tube hole on my twbest classic sub, and that went off without a hitch, the new tube screwed in nice and smooth, no problems at all.

the problem is that the new tube is not sitting flush to the case, therefor when the crown is screwed down all the way, there is space btw the crown and the case.

also because of this, i am having trouble screwing the crown back in without it changing the date, its not hitting that final stage to screw in, just the time change and the date change.

i assume i have to remove a little material from the case itself in order for the crown to sit flush against it, but i dont know how to do this.

any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm facing the same problem with the tube-hole. My tube hole is not centered, so i'm not sure if i can just contersink it to make my gen tube fit.

What happens if i countersink it anyways, so that the hole will "overlap" the bottom of the case....will the water resistance be put in jeopardy, or will it be just a cosmetic issue?

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

Hi there,

I'm facing the same problem with the tube-hole. My tube hole is not centered, so i'm not sure if i can just contersink it to make my gen tube fit.

What happens if i countersink it anyways, so that the hole will "overlap" the bottom of the case....will the water resistance be put in jeopardy, or will it be just a cosmetic issue?

If you decide to countersink the hole and live with the overhang, you neet to apply water resistant glue (G-S Hypo cement is a good choice).

vaccum

If you decide to countersink the hole and live with the overhang, you neet to apply water resistant glue (G-S Hypo cement is a good choice).

vaccum

Hey,

As I have alreadey spent a sh*t load of money on a gen tube+crown i definetly will countersink the hole and live with the overhang.

In your answer you told me that...if I choose this way I will have to apply water resistant glue.

But where exactly do I apply the glue to???? To the hole before I screw-in the gen tube...or just to the "overhang"-area???

Thanx