When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Radiomirs- Nice watches, but those lug screws... any solution? loctite?

porschespeedster

I looked in a drawer today and realized that at one time my favorite watch was the Radiomir Black Seal.

It's so clean and efficient compared to the blocky cases of the Luminors...it's probably best to have one of each at minimum in your collection :)

So my Black Seal was worn for a couple months when I too lost a screw out of the case.

I did what everyone did which is order more screws, then locktite em in.

Of course, then it's almost impossible to change straps...

It seems the problem isn't getting any better, as evidenced by the recent um, threads concerning the topic:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/163617-pam388-stripped-screws/

Anybody found an answer to this question?

It seems the case metal is too soft for the screws (and sometimes even for the screw in crown.)

Even gens aren't immune to this problem.

Maybe we just need to find a few strap makers that create thin enough straps to slip on and off of locktite'd Rad cases...

any ideas?????

well, I bought my first rad back 4 yrs ago, it was 232. had lots of prelims :) first strap change took like an hour or so :) I did have 292 and 288. all sold. was tempted wit 183 by HF but a friend from other fora bought it and... it survived only one strap change. 

yes, you can lactate but after you will not be able to change straps. you can buy panatime screws and lugs (I had) and nevertheless you will experience problems. I decided store dreaming about rads

I love it, a beautiful 388 but now it seams forever linked to it's black band :(

I'm more of a brown strap guy, I ordered this one with black just to have an option because I planned to and did order a brown gunny at the same time as watch. So now my black shoes and belts are getting more use just because I want to wear this watch. I love it so much I may just order another without strap so I can mount my gunny. Of course first I'll take a moment to laugh at myself and the silly things I do in this hobby. :)

post-51249-0-58821300-1383748222_thumb.j