When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

Wow - this is shaping up really well - tasty !! :1:

Biggest 2 issues for me are the minute markers and the lume.

If these were sorted I could live with the less obvious things like the position of the numbers on the inner bezel or the boldness of the orange writing as these are only spottable side-by-side with the gen whereas wonky/missing markers and no lume are obvious a mile away!

Can't wait to get my name on a Swiss 7750 version if these minor points are dealt with.

A frustrating couple of weeks waiting for the final version, and of course the prices!!!

Hilts :play_ball:

For me the same here, Hilt. But I do not worry about lume. It is nice to have, but but when I go to bed, I want sleep and not see my watch. I think most guys want the lume to show it to their peers, and to find his penis on the nigh (it is a joke!) :D :D

I think it is a great rep. Lets see what come defenitly. What scares me is the price, for sure. So no swiss ETA for me.

Group buy????!!!!! :D

Well do not know you, but they have started to be rumours about a 500$ for Asia version...... What do you think? It is not toooooooo much? It is the difference withn the GST (titanium) too big?

I would like to heard your opinions...

Who are they? Where did you get this information from?

I have not bought a rep in about five months, owned about 15 reps since 03-2005, sold all my reps but one. I have been eagerly waiting to pull the trigger on a swiss version of the Costeau divers.... But if these rumors are true, 500$ for an Asian 7750 Costeau, guessing around 750$ for a Swiss, I simply can not justify laying down that amount of money for a rep that will have a resale value of probably less the half the original purchase price.

It shall be adios to reps and hello to the gen world... 2K buys a lightly used gen aquatimer (non chrono version) that holds its value... 3K a gen PAM112...

With missing/squint markers it's worth feck all!! That puts it into the realms of the crappy BP $98 copies.

Without superlume it's just a half decent rep.

If the recent IWC Pilot Chrono from EL has half decent lume (which it does - I have one - see pic) then there's no reason I can see that the Cousteau doesn't have it.

:please::angry::angry:

post-5410-1175615128_thumb.jpg

I too have heard/read the $500 rumours. Actually, I am nervous that if this is true (look at the HBB pricing, same builder), because I am not willing to go to the high prices of the HBB, or this if its true, for an Asian movement. Too many other choices for cheaper and swiss. Especially if these visual flaws are not fixed (think how much extra a superlume job would cost us if we had to do it after paying for the watch).

500$ for an Asian 7750 Costeau and 750$ for a Swiss would be insane. There is no way I'd pay that much for a rep...ever. The asian better be not more then $300 tops. Otherwise I personally won't get it.

you are on crack if you think this will be less than $300.

I figure $350 - 400 would be a good price....if all the issues are fixed.

but $500 is toooo much!

but $500 is toooo much!

Principle rules of supply and demand buddy...

so far A LOT of members have expressed that $500 is too much. So if there is no demand for the watch at that price, none will sell, price comes down... you get it....

Well same comes true for me at $300. I know a few people will pick it up, but I won't, and if enough don't, price comes down..... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

$400 is still too much, remember this watch will come with a screw down crown that is not going to last too long. We all know that makers use pretty shitty materials in general. I know it probably won't be less then $300 but if the Ingy is less then $300 with swiss movt then I don't see a reason why this one should be, I don't care if it is a chrono or it if it is much more detailed and harder to rep the first one...

but $500 is toooo much!

Edited by lfovco

Lfovco. Sorry, but I think you have no idea about watches, if you think is the same chrono or not chrono. It is a big difference in price. Really big. What do you mean with screw down crown? the original it is also screw down crown.

@dak244. there is always person that will buy it. the point that some menbers say that they wouldn

Lfovco. Sorry, but I think you have no idea about watches, if you think is the same chrono or not chrono. It is a big difference in price. Really big. What do you mean with screw down crown? the original it is also screw down crown.

What I mean is:

asian chrono = asian chrono, so if there is really nice, detailed, relatively acurate PAM253 Chronograph Asia 7750 28800 that's as nice as IWC chrono if not nicer and it costs $248, I don't see a reason why equally acurate IWC chrono with the same Asia 7750 28800 Chrono movement would have to be more then $400. Outside of high market demand that allows maker to come up with whatever price he feels like. Like the Big Bang which is a best example of high price driven by demand, making this model highly overpriced. Remember in the end we are talking about fake watches that we've come to call replicas so it does not sound as bad...

I was not saying that chrono and non chrono are in any way the same. What I mean is that non-chrono swiss movt. has more value to me then asian chrono... Swiss Vs. Asian in a nutshell.

The materials makers use for the threads in the screw-down crown are pretty low quality, it will wear out pretty quickly of you are not careful. The threads could be gone within a year or sooner where in a genuine watch they might last 10 years or longer.

That said, in the end everyone pay whatever they feel is ok for a replica they really desire. I just think that makers take a huge advantage of the fact there is a big demand and elevate prices way too high. That's why I think they should not charge $400 for any fake/replica watch. So if all of us would say that we won't pay more then $XXX amount for the watch, maker would have to lower it to what's reasonable. Unfortunately that might never happen cause there is more then few potential buyers that will happily pay $450 for a rep with asian movt.

Edited by lfovco

Thank you all for your input on this watch, I post here because I want you to tell me the flaws and I can report to the watch maker about it.

Please and really please send an e-mail to puertime2005@gmail.com if you like this watch and you want this watch to be a good one when you find any flaws.

All existing flaws will be reported to the watch maker, I will try my every effort to encourage him to correct them, as you know some things we cannot change already.

1. The date font should be very close to the original. I think this need no change?

2. The lume on the inner bezel will be improved, this is the only semi-product and the lume was damaged by touching it.

3. Crown engraving cannot be changed, I think it is good enough?

4. rubber strap will be the same as genuine

5. Caseback font is a bit off, will tell him to change.

6. The wood is REAL wood, every piece is different, and there is a plastic cover above it.

7. We copied from the genuine, there wont be any silly mistakes but please understand sometimes the watch maker does not notice the font.

I will be metting him today, will tell him about everything you mentioned. I would really appreciate it if you can report the flaws directly to my e-mail so I can call him directly.

Thank you all for your help, without you there will not be a perfect IWC Cousteau Divers.

Angus

2 more pics:

230510-12272.jpg

230510-12273.jpg

Edited by PureTime

This is looking very good. My only comments but I am looking at pictures is that the font on swiss made surrounding the six could be one shade bolder. It also looks like the 9 o'clock subdial hand has a black bottom and I believe it should be silver. It may be the case but I can't tell - the numbers on the inner bezel should be the same boldness and size as on the outer bezel. Here is a pretty good pic:

230533-12267.jpg

Anyone who thinks I am wrong please chime in. This is looking really good. :thumbsupsmileyanim: